Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
If you have any suggestion on how to improve the Duratec Maintenance Section, please post.

Looking for volunteers to do detailed How-tos for the Duratec Maintenance section. (Credit would be given )

Some examples would be:
- flushing coolant
- changing brake pads
- atx fluid change
- etc. etc. etc.

If you would like to do a How-to, please post here w/ what How-to you will be doing.

Try to include what tools are needed/used, what should be purchased (parts, liquids, etc.), time needed, etc.

PM when How-tos are ready - I'll give an email address.

Please note that this is not the area to discuss Mods - please, start your own thread!

If a reply is made that is not a suggestion (or an agreement of suggestion) it will be deleted.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Improvements on existing FAQs are welcome:

- creating an FAQ w/ pics
- creating FAQ w/ alternative methods
- etc.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Brother Pete...

I will gladly do an extensive How To on Changine the fuel filter w/ pics. I can also do an extensive how to on Changing the plugs and wires with usefull pics. I'll do them both this weekend for ya.. as long as you don't delete them.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Whhaaaaa?!?!? You don't like my beautiful how-to? But the pictures, they are just so.... juvenile.. LoL, IIRC, I did that how-to in response to many people not understanding the very basic how-to that already existed, so it was a bit sarcastic. It's pretty much the easiest maintenance to be done on the car, alongside cabin air filter. Spark plugs could use some pics, although Derek did a pretty good job putting that one together, description wise.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I would love to see a changing of the spark plugs with pictures and also waterpump with pictures.

thank you, please pm me if this happens!

98 T-Red CSVT
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I'm on it.. I believed there was a spark plug how-to already, though the pictures needed some help, IIRC..

I'll yank the plugs out tomorrow just to make a how-to (don't need new plugs.. but I'll take another one for the team..)

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
But I was gonna do it....

Ah hell, you could use some more packaging to your name.. go get her Ray!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
thanks Ray! this would be great, since I am the person always lost half way through an install wish there were a picture to refer to.

98 T-Red CSVT
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
plugs are done, and in the Dura Faq.

Wires were not done, as I am not changine wires JUST to take a picture... I will do that soon enough, anyway. (I need new wires..)

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I wish I knew you needed wire change pics! I just replaced mine yesterday. Sorry

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard