Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
one thing to think about with bleeders is to clean and lube when you open and bleed them. I.e. before you start to try and brake them loose, clean the area around them to prevent more dirt from getting in when open them. Also, don't be a brute. I'm very very delicate with mine and use some penetrating oil when i brake them loose. I have not broken one on any of the cars I have done it on. That being said. Most of the cars I've done it on are pretty well maintained and it's do regularly preventing excessive corosion.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i replaced mine with speedbleeders when doing my brakes. the front will not spurt out but will trickle out at a quick pace cuz its on an angle unlike the rear. i just covered the hole with a rag and pressure til i put the speedbleeder in. just be quick. u should not have to fill the reservoir while doing this (i mean not be worried about the reservoir getting dangerously low).

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by SVTFern:
Just doing some routine maintenance today and I snapped the passenger side front bleeder screw. I am sure this has happened to some of us before.

I did the exact same thing a couple years ago. I tried extracting the broken bleeder, which resulter in a broken bleeder AND a broken EZ-Out. Both snapped flush with the caliper. The car was driveable since the system was still closed, but I finally bought a set of used calipers and replaced the damaged one.

One tip a mechanic friend of mine mentioned was that, before trying to remove the bleeded, give it a couple quick taps with a rubber mallett to loosen any corrosion that may be bonding the bleeder to the caliper. Be careful though, since the bleeder are brass and therefore very soft.

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
when flushing contour brakes for the 1st time I used mityvac pump. to make it work I had to take the screw out, wrap it w/ teflon tape and put it back. the teflon tape stayed there w/ no issues for a couple of years. the reason I bring this up is that perhaps having teflon tape wrapped around would eliminate seizing...
no longer have that car, so can't test the theory, but strictly theoretically it makes sense.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard