Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
sorry i thought it was obvious in my sig.
i got the trubendz catless test pipe

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I would like to compare exhaust sounds if your ever in town. I have a similar setup as you, and sounds killer until you drive it for more than 10 min because the it drownes out the cabin.

Borla exhaust, Custom intake, KVR Cross drilled rotors, Mil Eliminators, Diablo chip, OMP Strut bar, Urethane motor mount insert, Full rear urethane suspension inserts.
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
are you running catless, because my car doesn't sound like any of the other contours with headers and catback exhaust.

I'm trying to outweight my options:
1. get a performance cat from CTA for $100CND. Have the test pipe cut and the cat welded probably will cost me another $50-100.
2. OR get a new test pipe with cat from trubendz for $155US. with this option i can sell my catless pipe and bolt it on myself.

I don't think option 1 will be as good of a fit as option 2. Well Anyone interested in a Stainless Steel Catless Test Pipe with less than 500kms on it.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
When you guys say "cat-less" are you refering to a the main cat or the pre-cats or all of them?

.... I have found that making a test pipe from a resonator helps to quiet things.....

1999 CSVT #545
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by CalgarySVT:
When you guys say "cat-less" are you refering to a the main cat or the pre-cats or all of them?

.... I have found that making a test pipe from a resonator helps to quiet things.....

i mean all the cats; precats and the main cat.
i ordered a new testpipe with a resonator. i think i'm going to keep my catless test pipe and depending on what kind of mood i'm in i'll put one of the two on.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
2.5 Magnaflow hi-flow mid cat and gutted precats. I had a dynomax SS mid muffler but it didnt do anything for the sound, so I put in a baffle to try and quiet it down, (less flow + less boom) but it only helped a little. I think I'm gonna dish out the cash for the Borla system, but it depends on what happens with the car as I have issues again.

Borla exhaust, Custom intake, KVR Cross drilled rotors, Mil Eliminators, Diablo chip, OMP Strut bar, Urethane motor mount insert, Full rear urethane suspension inserts.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard