Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Well finally had the headers installed on the tour.
My current exhaust setup: MSDS headers and y-pipe, S.S. Trubendz catless test pipe, and S.S. Trubendz resonated exhaust. 2.5" mandrel bent piping with MagnaFlow muffler and 2 Magnaflow resonators + 3" tips.
My car always had low end pull but suffered on the high end but now it pulls really hard right up to the governer. But there is a price that I paid for the increased power especially since I�m catless now " it�s too frickin loud", but it at least it doesn't sound like a Honda with a fart can "more like a duratec on steroids".
I'm going to record some sound clips later today, anyone wana host them for me.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
you can send them my way and I will host them as long as they are not too big. jmarling@gmail.com

And yes catless is LOUD. Even my SHO with original exhaust minus the cats it is loud. You will like it for now, it might get too loud for your liking over time and get annoying though.

2005 Focus ST
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
I'm not really liking it, I replaced my straight flow exhaust with a resonated one so when the headers go on it wouldn't be so loud. I'm not putting anymore money into the exhaust for now especailly when i'll be parking it for the winter soon, so i'm gona have to live with it for another month or two. i'll decide next year what to do with it, most likely i'll leave it the way it is. I did have my old setup for 6 years and it was just as loud.
I'll send you the files later tonight, i'm at work now and can't access them.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
wow this is the first time i hear my exhaust from the outside. the clip isn't the greatest quality but it sure sounds good.
BTW email is already sent.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
right click save as

Here it is. I haven't listened to it yet, will check it out tonight when I am at home.

If anyone else wants to post a vid, sound clip or picture of your car email me @ jmarling@gmail.com and I will put it up for you.

2005 Focus ST
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
I was just wondering what the cost of the new exhaust is It sound KicK AsS. If that doesn't wake the neighbors I don't know what will

97 Contour GL 2.0 in the process of a heart transplant to a 2.5... Looking for a Nice bod kit __________________________________________________ No matter how fast you go you will still endup with the loser........at the pumps.
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
$1k for headers and $1k for exhaust.
could've got the same exhaust for $500 if i kept my test pipe which was still in good condtion but not stainless steel and got the alumized steel instead.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
That sounds way different than my set up. did you replace the cat with a resonator, or straight pipe?

My sound is way deeper, like rolling thunder if you are in an underground parking lot.

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
That sounds way different than my set up. did you replace the cat with a resonator, or straight pipe?

yah i'm running catless, but don't know for how much longer.
its a little too loud for my liking now.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I understand you took out the cat, but what did you replace it with? A pipe or resonator? or did you leave a 1.5 ft gap in your exhaust system?

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard