Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Why do I get the feeling I'll have this problem in another 2 or 3 years?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Was your idle surge problem at start up or was it constant during driving?

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Alright does it just pull out, I tried to pull it out it wouldnt budge.

Just pull the black connector. The piece that locks the connector on has to be pulled, not pushed toward the part.
In other words, most connectors have to be squeezed to unlock, this one is the opposite.

I just cleaned mine and all my idle problems seem to be fixed. I irrigated both parts with electronic parts cleaner and used a Q-tip to clean the pins. As soon as I turned the A/C the idle immediately turned up, same with the heater. It used to drop to the point of almost stalling. Im happy as hell right now

emartinez13, thanks for the tip.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

I wasnt suppoused to remove that was I?

Good thing all I did was put it back on and didnt clean it.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
I didnt remove that, just the black connector on the top. It was pretty dirty

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I wasnt suppoused to remove that was I?

If you refer back to his 09/26 post:

"It has a plug that has 4 wires going to it. It's screwed into the a/c line and if it needs to be cleaned you can just unscrew it from the line, and don't worry about refrigerant leaking out, there is a schrader valve that prevents it from coming out. You can also leave it in if you find that it is dirty but it's a lot easier to clean while it's out."

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Alright does it just pull out, I tried to pull it out it wouldnt budge.

Just pull the black connector. The piece that locks the connector on has to be pulled, not pushed toward the part.
In other words, most connectors have to be squeezed to unlock, this one is the opposite.

I just cleaned mine and all my idle problems seem to be fixed. I irrigated both parts with electronic parts cleaner and used a Q-tip to clean the pins. As soon as I turned the A/C the idle immediately turned up, same with the heater. It used to drop to the point of almost stalling. Im happy as hell right now

emartinez13, thanks for the tip.

No problem, I'm just glad that it helped someone out. Who would have thought that something so simple could be the cause of a big problem.

95 Gl Zetec Atx
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard