Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm gonna say "yes" I'm in, barring any big expenses between now and then. I'd be getting the Y-pipe, but care to explain this option?
"Add HO811 vortec S/C option +$50.00 "

supercharger option? erm...huh?

anyways. 1995 SE, MTX, 2.5 V6,2 bolt flange.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
You can DEFINITELEY count me in if they will do the ceramic coating in black - seems they should be able to do this since they will do that special silver for +$40?

'99 CSVT with stuff '99 Miata 10th Anniversary 90 Toy 4x4 '02 Road King '97 Sportster
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
I'm gonna say "yes" I'm in, barring any big expenses between now and then. I'd be getting the Y-pipe, but care to explain this option?
"Add HO811 vortec S/C option +$50.00 "

supercharger option? erm...huh?

anyways. 1995 SE, MTX, 2.5 V6,2 bolt flange.

If you wish to install the headers with the Vortec Supercharger, the pipes have to have a different bend to clear the SC hardware. That's the SC option. SC sold separately.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Count me out- Martin informed me their ceramic sub-contractor only offer white and extreme silver.

'99 CSVT with stuff '99 Miata 10th Anniversary 90 Toy 4x4 '02 Road King '97 Sportster
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
why does the color of the coating matter? black coating isnt gonna make you any faster

~nick 2001 Cougar V6 MTX 3L Cougar.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by RogerB:

If you wish to install the headers with the Vortec Supercharger, the pipes have to have a different bend to clear the SC hardware. That's the SC option. SC sold separately.

I was just wondering, not sure if i'll be in on the group buy just yet, but definately hoping i can be. If i am thinking about SC it won't hurt anything just to get that add on to be safe right?

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ov3n:
why does the color of the coating matter? black coating isnt gonna make you any faster

could always get them powdercoated. I mean, from what I understand, the headers don't stick out that much, kinda blocked from view a good deal. performance before style, ya'know?

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Not a matter of speed, it's a matter of WEIGHT!

Bet that comment has you turning but no, I'm not talking about physical weight, I'm talking the weight of the odds. As I live in CA these would be illegal for me. Though probably ever so slight, the odds would be higher that a smog inspector might notice some white polking through some gap and look at it more closely than he/she would if they were black. PROBABLY no big deal, but if you have had to deal with our inspection system over the years, best not take that addtitional chance which might result in having to rip them off and return to stock just to pass smog. I actually shouldn't have considered them in the first place, me being the law abiding citizen that I am!

BTW, there are people that have the headers here in CA (lowbudgetracing one) that have not had a problem getting smogged, but weighing the work involved to replace them in the event I were so unlucky to get caught far outweighs any advantage of putting them on in the first place.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
I am going to get my MSDS headers and Y-pipe without the ceramic coating and then I am going to send them to Jet-Hot for coating. The finish that I selected is their "Sterling" silver, but they have many finishes available including a "Cast Iron Gray" (that should fool any inspector) and a "Matte Black". Just go to www.jet-hot.com and submit a cost estimate form for the finish you want. Don't forget to put down that you are a CEG member in the "Where did you hear about Jet-Hot" box as they have special pricing for CEG members. In fact they quoted me $125.30 for coating the headers (inside & out) + $10.50 per foot on the pipes. Shipping and handling is also additional. Jet-Hot also has a 3-year unlimited guarantee against chipping, peeling, cracking, discoloring and rusting and any new parts get a lifetime rust through warranty. Don't let the standard finish scare you away from getting 20 more (dyno proven) HP.

Last edited by NVSVT; 09/30/04 08:26 PM.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
DAMN you all! OK, I'm back in (assuming one of these Jet Hot finishes available is a bit more inconspicuous as the white) I'll also go for the Vortech option JUST in case I end up loving my car so much I decide to supercharge it. Which leads me to ask, what's the difference besides the bends? I mean, if all it is is the bends to clear SC hardware, why don't they just make them ALL with that way?

Thanks for posting the price you got on the JetCoat- I got the impression it was gonna be like $200

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard