Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
You have all brought up good points. That's why these groups exist. Also, I have something to say about The Fast and the Furious. I thought it was a blast! It was point blank with cars. I made sure to stop listening whenever they tried to teach me something, but anytime there are fast cars racing, it's cool. And that's the way it is.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by dallasb84:
i already tried to make one. i made one for a civic and i worked because of the angle and throw. for one the angle and amount of throw is too close to the shift tower and your gate would look like a wide rectangle. not enough clearance inbetween gears to place a strip of metal that would be benificial. i think it would be more in the way and ruin your shifting ability. but it would be very easy to make your own out of aluminum if you really want to try. all you need is a center punch and a drill. chain drill your gates using a center punch so you get a very near perfect hole alignment and file it smooth. then paint black or something. make a riser from the center console and it might work great.

It is a very small throw. I remember when i first bought this car...i kept throwing it into 5th instead of 3rd. haha

2005 Nissan Sentra Spec V
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by dallasb84:
i already tried to make one. i made one for a civic and i worked because of the angle and throw. for one the angle and amount of throw is too close to the shift tower and your gate would look like a wide rectangle. not enough clearance inbetween gears to place a strip of metal that would be benificial. i think it would be more in the way and ruin your shifting ability. but it would be very easy to make your own out of aluminum if you really want to try. all you need is a center punch and a drill. chain drill your gates using a center punch so you get a very near perfect hole alignment and file it smooth. then paint black or something. make a riser from the center console and it might work great.

It is a very small throw. I remember when i first bought this car...i kept throwing it into 5th instead of 3rd. haha

at least you didnt throw it into 3rd instead of 5th....ouch...

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by csc99svt:
at least you didnt throw it into 3rd instead of 5th....ouch...

haha no doubt about that

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I've never really understood how a gate would make it any easier or more precise to shift.

I don't think gates have served a purpose other than cosmetic since the '30s. Even the Ferrari guys say their shiftgates are nice looking as long as they don't get in the way.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Viss1:
Even the Ferrari guys say their shiftgates are nice looking as long as they don't get in the way.

And they are the kings of shift gates....hehe

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard