R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
damn you do alot of work for one day!

He probably has the manuals and doesn't guess. Air tools cut time in half too. Helps to have done a swap before. Get faster everytime.

manuals, yup ive bought them from you a while ago!

im not usin them though, keep in mind not only did i do my 3L swap myself, but i stripped down an entire contour down to the bare frame. ive also been developing my mechanical skills with other jobs (rebuilding a 454 for a dumptruck, headgaskets on my bronco 2, etc)

i wouldnt know what to do without air tools!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Good luck man! Thanks for taking the time to take lots of big pictures - it's worth the dialup wait. All of us ATX guys are rooting for you.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
manuals, yup ive bought them from you a while ago!

im not usin them though, keep in mind not only did i do my 3L swap myself, but i stripped down an entire contour down to the bare frame. ive also been developing my mechanical skills with other jobs (rebuilding a 454 for a dumptruck, headgaskets on my bronco 2, etc)

i wouldnt know what to do without air tools!

You sound like me I strippped a CSVT for parts, sawzalled it into 3 big chunks, stripped my salvage CSVT almost down to nothing 2 times, just recently purchased a blown motor CSVT, pull that motor and strip it apart,then pull motor from salvage car and put it into the blown motor car.

I pulled the motor out with a friends help then moved it from the pole barn in the back yard to the front yard with the skidsteer and installed the motor all by myself. I have about 4 hours in it in the last 2 days and it's almost done. The blown motor car has had all the suspension swapped out of it and the brakes too boot. Way to be on the MTX swap have fun and try not to chip the new paint.

Your buddy has alook on his face like WTF am I doing this for????

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
when i stripped my parts car my entire yard was full of aprts, not to mention the shell foa car in my driveway. code enforcement came to my house and made me clean it up and threatned me with fines!

i got lots of spare aprts up at this guys garage, he lets me use 1 bay of it (full of parts and motors, etc)

i wished i had a garage

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I had a 2 car garage(my dads) full of parts. I buried my salvage car with all the parts I stripped off the parts car. Then I pulled it outside and threw the leftovers on the trailer. I stripped that car in winter half the work I've done has been in the winter Nothing like freezing your balls off with a kerosene heater blasting and gas/oil/antifreeze fumes intoxicating yourself We have a pole barn now so I have my own little corner with the salvage car on cinder blocks half way stripped again!!! The other car is outside on the side of the garage. Nothing like pulling a motor on gravel

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I

He probably has the manuals and doesn't guess.

yea probably, but guessing works too sometimes.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Russell-3L:

my 94A urethane came today for the trans mounts!

ordering some of that for myself asap-got a drag day comin up ad i wanna be ready.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
it takes 7 days to fully cure.....

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Yeah, sure worked for you....not!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Stazi:

Yeah, sure worked for you....not!

9/10 aint bad...quit your whining

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard