Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I just PCS'd to Malmstrom AFB near Great Falls, Montana...

Anyway, that's not why I'm here...

I found this SVT on Autotrader, just wanting to know if anyone knows who it belonged to (located @ Taylor auto in GF, black w/black rims and pre-98 trunk mod)...

1998 SVT

I'm going tomorrow to check it out (if it's still there), should be getting a large sum of $ soon (sign on bonus) that could almost pay it in full...

thanks...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ok, went to check it out today, still there...

It has black 17" ATS wheels, Koni's all around, and Edelbrock exhaust. Interior has 3 guages on A-piller (oil press, fuel press, and volts), most removable interior trim painted white, aluminum shift handle, switch on driver side of console, and a GHETTO "X-treme Sound" cassette player (with manual tune even!). Has a sunroof, not sure how to tell the difference between E0 and E1 w/o the rims...

Anyway, place was supposed to be open today, but prolly closed due to Labor day, so I'll check it out next week.

EDIT: I almost forgot, it also has smoke colored side markers where the v6 badging was...

Last edited by ~~INSAYNE~~; 09/04/04 06:11 PM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Nope, don't know who that car used to belong to. Looks good though!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Welcome to the NW.

Enjoy Montana, I sure as hell didn't.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I realize that nobody probly cares, but I really want this car(without driving it, even). But I keep looking at it, noticing things about it.

It had a system at one time due to 2 or 4 AWG red power wire zip tied going to the trunk (doesn't look like a battery relocate, doesn't seem big enough) underneath the car.

Also it has an air/fuel ratio guage in a custom (broken) mount where the change holder was at. Has a clock on dash, which makes it seem like an E0.

Has an external oil cooler, and leaks at the fittings to the engine...

Does anyone know (or guess) why there is an air/fuel ratio guage? maybe just a novelty?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ~~INSAYNE~~:
Does anyone know (or guess) why there is an air/fuel ratio guage? maybe just a novelty?

Probably just for show, but possibly for tuning. Some people are just gauge happy!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ok, test drove the svt today...

What i thought was a voltmeter (thru the tint) is actually a boost guage.

When I drove the car, very different than my GL by the way, the boost guage was below zero most of the time (-14?) then as accelerating it would go up to around 0, with the one time I gunned it, went above zero by enough to not just be needle fluctuation, I just didn't see how much cause I got to 80MPH real quick like and had to slow down (the salesman was with me).

Also, quite a bit different to drive than other sticks... I chirped the tires first time I drove it, kinda bucked a little. I pull up and reminded the salesman about something. He was like "yeah, forgot about the ceramic clutch the guy put in it.".

Anyway, got it all settled, I can afford it. They're asking $7995, giving me $700 (yeah, 700 whole dollera!) for my contour, plus threw on a 2 year warranty for $1500 more (which I think is worth it, a freind of mine denied it on his 95 Monte Carlo, a week later a bolt came loose in subframe, dropped the engine/trans on steering and he lost control. ended up blocking a McDonald's entrance for 3 hrs). Total came out to like $9500, with me going to put down $3000 when I get my sign on bonus, with my contour, makes the loan out to be just under $6500. Insurance will run me around $220-250/month... (that's hella cheap for me).

Anyway, can anyone explain how a boost guage works?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If the battery hasnt been relocated I highly doubt it has a SC/Turbo in it. Did you pop the hood and look? You cant miss the SC or Turbo!

I wouldnt buy it! Whats the mileage and Year? You can get a Pristine well cared for 2000 SVT for under $11K, check the Classifieds on CEG.

Car sounds beat, the ghetto stereo is prolly due to the OG owner pulling his system out before trade.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Thats simons (Fst4dr) old ride the car was supercharged.

IIRC the shaft broke...go to the forced induction forum
and click on the sticky, and click on the link in his sig to the registry.

#1042898 09/08/04 02:58 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BEVAN//3L:
Thats simons (Fst4dr) old ride the car was supercharged.

IIRC the shaft broke...go to the forced induction forum
and click on the sticky, and click on the link in his sig to the registry.

THANK YOU!!!

Finally got somwhere, but yes, that is the exact car (down to the air/fuel ratio gauge and SE trunklid)

I don't think the broken shaft applies since I'm 99% sure the s/c is long gone...

And yes, the battery is in the trunk (the salesman and I looked, he was VERY suprised when he saw that).

OK, scoping out the pics, there's a few differences:
1. NO supercharger (the cold air comes right out the intake, same filter as on the pics on profile)

2. Has the stock grill on it (not black like in profile)

3. Has smoke tinted sidemarker lights (not clear like pics)

So either this was simon's (Fst4dr) car, or someone made a nearly exact duplicate of it (highly unlikely due to mods on profile matching car)

Anyway, thanks again, I emailed them up to ask if he thinks it's a pos or not...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard