Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
I believe my fule filter is clogged. I have the 5spd v6, and i just recenlty got the tranny and clutch completely replaced. (2800$ ) so ive had it running about a month and a half and 2 weeks ago, i notcied that if go high in the rpm range, the car will start lurching and the needle on the RPM will bounce from none back to whatever it was rapidly. so im guessin that it's either my fuel pump, or fuel filter, or prolly both. The car sat for 9 or 10 moths before i could get the money for the tranny replacement, so like i said that's my guess.

any suggestions would be welcomed! also, if it IS the fuel pump/ filter, is this fairly easy to replace (compared to tranny LOL ) ?

Thanky kindly for yer time.

-Jeremy

Jeremy AKA Jai **'95 SE Contour / Midnight Purple (R.I.P)** -------------------------------------------- Hopefully soon to own a candy red 1992 Caddilac STS ~ w00t w00t!
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
thanx for the feedback...

[/sarcasm]

Jeremy AKA Jai **'95 SE Contour / Midnight Purple (R.I.P)** -------------------------------------------- Hopefully soon to own a candy red 1992 Caddilac STS ~ w00t w00t!
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by yungin16TX:
i notcied that if go high in the rpm range, the car will start lurching and the needle on the RPM will bounce from none back to whatever it was rapidly. so im guessin that it's either my fuel pump, or fuel filter, or prolly both

Okay- how do you figure the fuel pump (or fuel filter) will make the tach needle bounce around?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Quote:

thanx for the feedback...

[/sarcasm]

Five hours and yer already bitchin????

Hey, any advise you receive is free. Be grateful for it...

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard