Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
This is coming up soon. We had a driving school in the spring and it was a big hit so we are doing another one to get ready for On Track coming up in October.

We have our driving school at the Oklahoma Sheriff's Driving/Shooting Range down in OKC (just outside of Forrest Park).

You get to be on track for the majority of the day for a measly $30. Instructors will be on hand to give advice on performance driving techniques.

Helmets will be required and there will be some on loan. SA rated helmets only, no "M" rated helmets.

SVTOA Oklahoma Chapter members can bring anything that's trackable. Guests can bring any Ford family product that is trackable (i.e. no Bronco IIs).

You may download, print and mail in the registration form here: Registration Form

We limit reigstration to 20 slots, so get in quick...these opportunities don't come often.

Joseph Heath Wallis
SVTOAOk Activities Director

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Heath, was there a supercharged G35 coupe at the last one. I heard he ran off. This true?

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
Yes, there was. He was running on fresh Hoosiers for the first time. This is a very unforgiving track and if you run off you will do serious damage to your rig, like he did. That is why this is a driving school and not a race. There are no timed laps. However, if you master this track you will be in good shape for TWS On Track and other tracks that don't destroy your rig if you go off.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Yeah, I've run on that course twice. And both times, Buck was adamant about being careful on the turns. Fun though.

I hope he gets it fixed soon. It was a cool ride. Had just ridiculous power.

-R-

Last edited by Kung Fu Troll; 08/29/04 09:14 PM.

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
oh that car has already been fixed. numerous members have noted seeing it at recent SOLO II events.

I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
We still have a few slots available for this.

I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
bump...

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by inteller:
bump...

Forgot to tell you Heath; these guys don't come out for anything.

-R-

I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
AH I see, well I won't bother posting here in the future then. BTW, is the person you sold yours to here on this board?

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Kung Fu Troll:
Originally posted by inteller:
bump...

Forgot to tell you Heath; these guys don't come out for anything.

-R-

Yep, sad but true. I was seriously considering going to this, the price is great, but I need to do my brakes first. I hope they have this again in the future.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard