Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1035796 08/27/04 01:29 AM
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
IMO, the description is too vague to assume it's the bearing. Kevin, can u please describe the noise in more detail. Explain how it started etc. The devil is in the details.

#1035797 08/27/04 01:34 AM
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
well thats exactly what you are doing..you are judging my knowledge soley based on my age...I at 17 have gone through enough to know a few things about fords....this problem is jus the icing on the cake...im gonna start thinking about selling my car...it seems like the only good thing to do...thanks for your help guys...oh and by the way...i spend a good hour every night checking the forum archives and using the magic search button...when someone gets a problem like this because of a previous owner you cant jus put on them for not having enough knowledge...my last one was a lemon, this one is a lemon, maybe the next one wont...Overseas make

Slow ass svt
#1035798 08/27/04 01:42 AM
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
ya after some thought the could could best be described as a clutch going out...a scratchy rattle sound...my clutch went out and have a new one put in....i would say that the sound is alot like that....its a steady rattle that occurs at 3-4k+ rpms...howeevr i know its not the clutch....its jus the closest thing to the sound i can think of... it started a few days ago outta no where...i turned my car on, sat for a about a min to warm up, and took off...and it was there...thanks i have also noticed that the rattle has shifted on the rpm band....it used to occur at around 2.5k+ and it seems as if it is moving up the band...now its at around 4k+..thanks

Slow ass svt
#1035799 08/27/04 02:29 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
ok if you are going to get rid of the car I WANT IT, and i have a car for youits a 98 civic lx that i dont want would rather have your car, so dont complain

next thing it is prob not a bearing, although it could be, if it only happens at certain rpm's no matter what the situation ie: no load, shifting cruising then it might be the exhaust, check for any loose exhaust components

if it is a bearing it is gonna be more of a knock noise then a rattling noise, i know i have heard them, they dont sound good(not second guessing you guys )

could also be the dust shields on the Disc brakes, i have heard them make noise too, once cause the car fell on them the other because of rocks in between it an the spindle

but really if you do get rid of the car let me know i want it

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
#1035800 08/27/04 02:34 AM
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
Every rod knock i have ever heard has been noticeable even at idle. Its a steady *knocknocknocknocknocknock* one with each turn of that piston. If it only does it under load, Id look for another culprit. Timing being off can cause "spark knock" im not sure but i believe that is pre-ignition of the fuel. Waterpumps will make nose as well. I gather from previous posts you have a CSVT. A rod bearing is certainly possible but please, PLEASE explore all of your options first.

What is the year and how many miles do you have on the car?

Motor mounts will cause knocking if they are completely gone, in some cars i have heard of there even being a tapping felt in the clutch and gas pedals (these werent nessecarily contours mind you). Be patient. My car was my only mode of transport too, and its totalled, i know how you feel, but in times like these, GET ON A BIKE LOL.. I live 8.5 miles from work, and i ride a bike both ways everyday now. thats ~17 miles round trip...but it could be a lot worse.

I thank the Lord everyday that im alive after my wreck. you should too. I have no doubt in my mind, had i been in any other ~1995 model year car (in the same class as the tour) I wouldnt be typing this now. I will have another tour eventually. But due to finacial repsonsibilities, im forced to find another means...

As for your car, If you really dont know much about cars (it doesnt sound like you know absoulutely nothing. it does sound like you can change a tire, your own oil and brakes and even spark plugs.) i suggest you take it to a qualified mechanic, even if it has to be towed there, and diagnose it. Typical diagnosis fees run between $40 and $80. In order to figure out what the problem is, thast a small price to pay. And many mechaics will not charge the fee if you let them fix the problem. At least that way you will know.

sorry for the long post...just my .02. kevin.

BTW FWIW, i wasnt trying to sound like an ass, or make this a political discussion, I was just trying to make a point. sorry if i came off any other way.

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
#1035801 08/27/04 02:37 AM
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
are you telling me that when i rev my engine the brakes are making a rattling sound? i appreciate the help but how could that even be remotely possible...and no...i am jus gonna get a new engine...HAHA

Slow ass svt
#1035802 08/27/04 02:41 AM
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
so where can i get a new engine...can i jus pick up a duratec svt engine or am i gonna have to mod a normal duratec??

Slow ass svt
#1035803 08/27/04 02:44 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
oops forgot about that , and about getting a new duratec you will have to get an SVT Duratec because there is a difference, let me try and find you one really quick, where are you located so i know where about the engine needs to be

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
#1035804 08/27/04 02:46 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
okay your in NJ, well i found a SVT engine in NY, you want more info let me know

oops again wrong peron hold on again

Last edited by gearhead98; 08/27/04 02:47 AM.

#1035805 08/27/04 02:49 AM
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
gear head are you serious or are you kidding...i cant even tell

Slow ass svt
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard