Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
Corrected gas turbine flow? how do you calculate this? it is the value on the y coordinate of this graph

also, is the pressure ratio the same as the one you would use if you were mapping the compressor?
is this the graph that you would use to determine at what point you would recieve full spool up, or do you get that off the compressor map. i can map a compressor and see if the flow characteristics match that of a motor just fine. but how can you determine when you see full spool?

2000 csvt #1553 Black/Tan
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
That looks a little different than what I've been seeing but it looks like it reaches it's max boost at 2.0 pressure ratio, so turning it up to 3.0+ would not benefit anything. The 1.06 A/R is obviously going to push more lbs/min at a sacrifice of lower end power. I don't see how you can identify when the turbo reaches full boost by looking at this graph though. I don't think that's what this particular graph is meant to display.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
Z
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
thats what i was asking. where DO you identify at what rpm a turbo will reach full spool if not on this graph.

2000 csvt #1553 Black/Tan
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
That looks a little different than what I've been seeing but it looks like it reaches it's max boost at 2.0 pressure ratio, so turning it up to 3.0+ would not benefit anything. The 1.06 A/R is obviously going to push more lbs/min at a sacrifice of lower end power. I don't see how you can identify when the turbo reaches full boost by looking at this graph though. I don't think that's what this particular graph is meant to display.

You are confusing his turbine map with a more common compressor map.

zm, to answer your question, no, that map won't tell you when it will spool on a particular engine. It can point you in the right direction though. If you can figure out what they specifically mean by "corrected gas turbine flow" (ie, whether that is straight outflow from the exhaust ports, or what correction factor is applied . . .) you can figure out what an engine puts out at a given rpm, and compare that on the graph. It would also be helpful to know what sort of pressure ratio that particular turbine would see with whatever exhaust system is being used, that way you could make an even more accurate determination.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Z
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
Turbine Maps
1. Turbine Expansion Ratio ââ?¬â?? The degree of exhaust expansion
as it passes through the turbine.
Example:
Exhaust manifold pressure (EMP) = 15 psi
Turbine outlet pressure (Outlet P) = 1 psi