Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1029040 08/18/04 01:58 AM
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:
Sorry to hear this....so the seat held you in pretty good?

Hi Hector:

Yes, I believe your seat and harness plus my helmut were significant factors above and beyond the solid construction of the SVT itself, in my lack of injury.

I took at least 3 very heavy jolts:
- Driver's front corner dug into the ground and started the flip.
- Passenger's front and roof hit after the 180 degree mid-air roll
- Nailed the ARMCO head-on (buckling it about three feet) then the car bounced off the ARMCO like a slingshot and ended up about 30 feet away facing back in the direction I'd come.

Because of the 4 point harness I was kept firmly in the seat, even while the car was flying through the air upside down. As well as during the impact of it landing upside down on the first part of the roll. The wide double shoulder straps meant that there wasn't any twisting that would occur with a stock shoulder belt. The seat's deep bolsters kept me from sliding around allowing the belts to do their work.

I'm very lucky, no one should think that walking away from an accident of this magnitude is normal. However, having the right safety equipment and a ton of luck is what it took.

Thanks again for the seat and harness Hector. Take care.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
#1029041 08/18/04 02:06 AM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Alan Coles:
Originally posted by LoCoZs/c:
Sorry to hear this....so the seat held you in pretty good?

Hi Hector:

Yes, I believe your seat and harness plus my helmut were significant factors above and beyond the solid construction of the SVT itself, in my lack of injury.

I took at least 3 very heavy jolts:
- Driver's front corner dug into the ground and started the flip.
- Passenger's front and roof hit after the 180 degree mid-air roll
- Nailed the ARMCO head-on (buckling it about three feet) then the car bounced off the ARMCO like a slingshot and ended up about 30 feet away facing back in the direction I'd come.

Because of the 4 point harness I was kept firmly in the seat, even while the car was flying through the air upside down. As well as during the impact of it landing upside down on the first part of the roll. The wide double shoulder straps meant that there wasn't any twisting that would occur with a stock shoulder belt. The seat's deep bolsters kept me from sliding around allowing the belts to do their work.

I'm very lucky, no one should think that walking away from an accident of this magnitude is normal. However, having the right safety equipment and a ton of luck is what it took.

Thanks again for the seat and harness Hector. Take care.

Regards, Alan

Just wanted to know....I have 2 Corbeau A4s now and after reading this I need to invest in some harnesses once again.

Take care and good luck.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard