Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by liquidX:
Originally posted by SVT25:
You should go with a used 97-2003 BMW 540i

Don't know about the 540i in particular, but my boss had a 2001 525i and the driver's seat caught on fire from a short circut in the heating element

The 540i is one of the best BMW's ever built. So good that most of the employes chose that as there car over all other BMW's. 0-60 in 5.5, 4 doors, lots of space and handling like you wouldnt think a full size sedan should would have

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
before I bought my svt, I had decided that i wanted a 4 door, stick shift, and a decent amount of power under the hood. One car I looked at was the Pontiac Vibe GT, it met all my criteria, 4 doors, 6spd manual and 170hp. I'm pretty sure that the engine is the same one that is in the Celica GT so there is probably a decent amount of aftermarket. the vibe gt ended up being out of my pricerange. used 13,000 vs the 7000 i paid for my 99 svt

mj

Mike C T-Red 99 csvt #490 No longer a dailer driver
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Has anyone read the sig of the original poster? Obviously he got a new car LAST YEAR ... no more suggestions are needed ...

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Taasman:
This is my next car: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/jsp/index.jsp

BLAH !! ! Just when you think the eclipse couldnt get any fuglier.....BAM!! the come out with the 2006. Its too bad too, they had a decent looking car for the past few years, what were they thinking ? ??

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
That vaguely reminds me of the ugly Nissan Maxima. I think it's probably the color.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Late model Maxima. (96 to before they got bloated)

2000 SVT Contour

That's about it...

that's what i'd suggest....actually its the 95-99 model years before they got bloated....great cars...wife had one with 177k on it,sold it to a friend,it now has over 200k on it and it still runs great...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by fastfolch:
I feel your pain.

My wonderful white mystique v6 is in the classifieds

I really don't want to part with it. Ford really didn't know what they had when they developed these models.

I just plunked down some bucks on two cars. One for the wife and a replacement for the mysty.

The wife's is a black Subaru Forrester XT
turbo w/ 200hp. Boy, Can that car move.

The choice for me, because of limited budget, was a Scion TC. The press has been reporting that the TC's engine is the Camry's 2.4 lt. Actually, a guy at the Scion dealership said that it was actually a replacement for the Celica........Whatever. All I know is that it has the same or more torque of the line than my misty. I can't comment on how it compares to a Conty SVT. My misty had some minor tick-outs (2.5 inch exhaust and 3A muffler) as well as a Superchip and a KKM intake. She can haul a....

I just want to say that Contour.Org has been a pleasure to read and use as a source of GOOD info. This site is the gold standard for enthusiast sites. I have been around a few as a reader and this one has the most valid and up-to-date REAL info I have had the pleasure to read and to put to good use. You folks and all the contributors (site and forum alike) are to be commended for excellent work. I work at a major defense contractor and I wish their tech info was as timely and useful and on-point as this site is.

It has been great and much good fortune for continued success.

hmm... i heard that the tC had the engine out of a toyota solara...

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
It has the Camry's 2.4L DOHC 4 banger.

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Late model Maxima. (96 to before they got bloated)

2000 SVT Contour

That's about it...

Yeah,I was going to suggest a 1995-1999 Nissan Maxima. I was looking at them before I bought my Contour. Their resale value is strong,they are a good looking car,very powerful,responsive to modifications,reliable and best of all they are just great all around cars. When it comes time to get rid of my Contour (not for a long time though!!!) I plan on picking up a 95-99 Maxima. There's also the Infiniti G20 or I30...I can't remember which one is the more upscale version of the Maxima. But you might want to look into the Maxima for sure.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard