Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by sigma:
Originally posted by Kirill:
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Kirill:

Mazda 6 - Nice but heavy. No secondaries

Most retarded comment ev3r.

What I meant to say is 3 is lighter than 6 and although 3 got a smaller engine - I felt like 3 accelerates better. But when it climbs into higher RPMs engine feels like it coming out of breath (comparing to Duratech)

It may feel like the 3 accelerates better (and it does feel that way), but it doesn't. Not even close. A 6s gets to 60 over half a second faster than the 3s does, and gets to the 1/4 a full second faster. And the 3.0L responds much more readily to mods than the 2.3L has been.

And in looks I'll take my 6 over a 3 (and most any other car in your list) any day:

I wonder though -- you call the fastest car on your list, the RX-8, "slow"?

That is one of the best lookin' Mazda 6's I've ever seen

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by sigma:

And in looks I'll take my 6 over a 3 (and most any other car in your list) any day:

I wonder though -- you call the fastest car on your list, the RX-8, "slow"?

Great Looking 6 you got there ! Thanks! I'll look into 6s again.
What would you take 6 from Audi or 6 from Mazda ?

Lee K did a good job explaining why all RX8 aren't the same - ATX version is 40 horses down from MTX

Kirill 98.5 Silver Frost Contour SE Sport (powered by Duratec) traded for 01 Audi A6 2.7T in September 04. Some stuff for sale in classifiends: http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=1
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

What would you take 6 from Audi or 6 from Mazda ?

Hard to say. The A6 is very nice. But you're looking at a 3-4 year old car.

With the Mazda6, you could grab a decent 6s brand-new and with your trade-in you'd be at about $15-16K which is just eeking out your budget. If you're willing to buy used you can probably grab a really low mileage fully-loaded for about $18K, minus your trade.

If you don't mind buying something that used, I'd probably get the Audi; but if you want new, or very near new, I'd get the Mazda6.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
F
F
I feel your pain.

My wonderful white mystique v6 is in the classifieds

I really don't want to part with it. Ford really didn't know what they had when they developed these models.

I just plunked down some bucks on two cars. One for the wife and a replacement for the mysty.

The wife's is a black Subaru Forrester XT
turbo w/ 200hp. Boy, Can that car move.

The choice for me, because of limited budget, was a Scion TC. The press has been reporting that the TC's engine is the Camry's 2.4 lt. Actually, a guy at the Scion dealership said that it was actually a replacement for the Celica........Whatever. All I know is that it has the same or more torque of the line than my misty. I can't comment on how it compares to a Conty SVT. My misty had some minor tick-outs (2.5 inch exhaust and 3A muffler) as well as a Superchip and a KKM intake. She can haul a....

I just want to say that Contour.Org has been a pleasure to read and use as a source of GOOD info. This site is the gold standard for enthusiast sites. I have been around a few as a reader and this one has the most valid and up-to-date REAL info I have had the pleasure to read and to put to good use. You folks and all the contributors (site and forum alike) are to be commended for excellent work. I work at a major defense contractor and I wish their tech info was as timely and useful and on-point as this site is.

It has been great and much good fortune for continued success.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
holy old post batman!

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
At least he said good stuff about us.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
You should go with a used 97-2003 BMW 540i

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SVT25:
You should go with a used 97-2003 BMW 540i

Don't know about the 540i in particular, but my boss had a 2001 525i and the driver's seat caught on fire from a short circut in the heating element

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The RX8 is slow

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Lexus IS300. In my opinion the most perfect made, beautiful car I have EVER seen!

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard