Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by DJ Capp 911:
seems to me that you could get an SVT which would be much nicer than your se for 10k or even less. What about that neon srt-4?

It have to be auto - something that could get me to work while i am still sleeping

No neon for me. Not a fan of that style.

Last edited by Kirill; 08/13/04 07:51 PM.

Kirill 98.5 Silver Frost Contour SE Sport (powered by Duratec) traded for 01 Audi A6 2.7T in September 04. Some stuff for sale in classifiends: http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=1
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
I bought a low mileage GTP after my CSVT. GTPs mod nicely, and don't usually break until you start getting into the 12's.

1999 Grand Prix GTP, with mods. Former Ride: 1998 E1 CSVT, Silverfrost Wrecked 21 Dec 03. May she rest in peace.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
The mazda 6 with a duratec package is very similar to the contour.

As for the rx-8 being slow, which one did you drive?

http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?id1=281&id2=0

With a six speed manual, 0-60 in just under 6 seconds (fast for a non turbo), and stock in the 14's, that is not slow my friend. Granted its not a mustang svt with a 0-6 in the 4's, but I dont call it slow..

Anyway, its 2 door why would u even list it? :P

TPC Northville, MI 2002 - Pitch Black Focus SVT (Red Trim) Steeda Short Ram Intake 5% Tint All Around 98 Contour SE Zetec ATX - *RIP* @ Charity Motors
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by popecruz:
As for the rx-8 being slow, which one did you drive?

That's for a manual RX-8. The automatic (one of the requirememts of the original poster) version has a detuned engine (197 HP versus the manual's 238, 159 lb-ft versus 164 torque) and is quite a bit slower, although it may be enough to run mid 15s in the quarter mile and high 7s 0-60. I've never seen one tested in a magazine, but going on HP, torque, and vehicle weight, one can hazard a guess.

Also, the RX-8 is technically a four-door car. It has two suicide doors in the back for rear passengers. Pretty nifty in execution, but their practicality is limited by the fact that you have to open the front doors first before opening the rears.

It's a very nice car, overall. Major complaints are the relatively poor fuel milage (18 MPG at best) and the need to really tach up the engine (redline is near 9K) before any kind of acceleration is experienced. Handling is superb with the 50/50 weight distribution.

Lee K
98 SVT Contour, silver
03 Lancer Evolution, red

Lee K 98 SVT Contour, silver (sold after 7 years and 100K miles) 03 Lancer Evolution, red
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Man are you fussy, the RX-8 is slow I'm surprised you said what you said about the Mazda 6 though, it seems to be the logical upgrade from the CSVT and with the additon of the 5 door hatch and wagon, its nice to have choices How about:

-SRT-4
-ION Redline
-Pontiac G6
-Cobalt SS
-WRX/STi
-EVO/Lancer Raliart
-Sentra SE-R V-spec w/ Nismo package

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Kirill:
I think I am going to try 2001 Audi A6 - they now offer 2 year warranty and 0% financing.

Any comments on A6 ?

My boss has one sometimes... It's usually in the shop with electrical issues. Had to have two wheels replaced in the first year 'cause they craked. And even had the driver side mirror fall off while making a left turn.

The A6 is a beautiful car with good engineering behind it, but plauged with reliability and lobg term quality issues. Check out Edmunds.com for other issues surronding this vehicle.

K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by popecruz:

With a six speed manual, 0-60 in just under 6 seconds (fast for a non turbo), and stock in the 14's, that is not slow my friend. Granted its not a mustang svt with a 0-6 in the 4's, but I dont call it slow..

Anyway, its 2 door why would u even list it? :P

It was brand new on a dealers lot so I didn't want to push it very hard. May be they get better after break-in. And it's got like half a door for back seats - I am 6'01" and can fit normally in a back seat of RX-8 (I have to squeeze in to contour's back seat)

Kirill 98.5 Silver Frost Contour SE Sport (powered by Duratec) traded for 01 Audi A6 2.7T in September 04. Some stuff for sale in classifiends: http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=1
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TheAlmightyMe:

My boss has one sometimes... It's usually in the shop with electrical issues. Had to have two wheels replaced in the first year 'cause they craked. And even had the driver side mirror fall off while making a left turn.

The A6 is a beautiful car with good engineering behind it, but plauged with reliability and lobg term quality issues. Check out Edmunds.com for other issues surronding this vehicle.

Do you know what year is his ?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by todras:

Mazda 6 - Nice but heavy. No secondaries

Most retarded comment ev3r.

What I meant to say is 3 is lighter than 6 and although 3 got a smaller engine - I felt like 3 accelerates better. But when it climbs into higher RPMs engine feels like it coming out of breath (comparing to Duratech)

It may feel like the 3 accelerates better (and it does feel that way), but it doesn't. Not even close. A 6s gets to 60 over half a second faster than the 3s does, and gets to the 1/4 a full second faster. And the 3.0L responds much more readily to mods than the 2.3L has been.

And in looks I'll take my 6 over a 3 (and most any other car in your list) any day:

I wonder though -- you call the fastest car on your list, the RX-8, "slow"?

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D

These are what I would check into:

Mazda 6
Subaru WRX
Scion Tc (especially with the supercharger)
Nissan Altima
Neon SRT-4

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard