Print Thread
#1022164 08/06/04 08:12 PM
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Last night I went to change my dads oil (98 SE V6) I get to my gfs place which is about 60Km from home, throw some engine flush in there and let her go. I went into the trunk only to notice hey no oil. So I had to call my dad to bring my car up with the oil. 50 min later, he arrives. In the mean time ive drained the oil and am waiting for the new stuff so I could just add it in. I finish the oil change and this is when things got bad...
I went to start the engine and the bloody key broke in the ignition. the car still started, but now i have a hunk of metal in there that shouldn't be.
My questions are:
1) Can I fix this problem myself?
if yes) can it be fixed without have to buy new stuff?
if yes)how do i go about fixing it?
if no) how much will it set me back?
if no) how much will it set me back?

Thanks in advance!!

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Can you fish the piece out?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
i used a really powerful magnet/lots of lock lube once on an olds delta 88 (1982) where the key was really loose anyways, but i dont think that will work here since the keys fit on cars nowadays so tightly. try some lock degreaser and a pair of tweezers. dpepnding on how far in it is and how big the piece is, you may have to call a locksmith and/or drive to a dealer...

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard