Next Thread
Print Thread
#1013914 07/26/04 10:36 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
ok guys i have a problem here...i put my car into 1st gear and ill punch it and i go like 2 mph...ill put it in 2nd and i have half power...i put it in drive and i have full power...is it my tranny or my computer???? can anyone help me out???...its a 16v zetec atx...

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
sounds like your range sensor could be off, so its neither, you can check your sensor by looking on top of the tranny, close to the front of the engine, for a thing that moves when the shifter moves, when the shifter is in d all the peg wholes on the sensor should be lined up, pm if you need more help, or are not quite clear on anything

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by gearhead98:
sounds like your range sensor could be off, so its neither, you can check your sensor by looking on top of the tranny, close to the front of the engine, for a thing that moves when the shifter moves, when the shifter is in d all the peg wholes on the sensor should be lined up, pm if you need more help, or are not quite clear on anything

Yep! That's what it sounds like. That or the shifter linkage it out of adjustment. I have a *doc file of how to adjust the shifter linkage, so holla if you need it.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
i checked it...but its in a circle and they cant line up...maybe i have no clue what im talkin about...so if anyone has any idea how to fix it...pm me or write back..unisys12 please send me that file

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
if anyone knows how to fix a range sensor lemme know

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Update by ContourRacing20 on 07/31 @ 7:19pm transferred from now deleted thread.

Originally posted by ContourRacing20:
does an yone know how to fix my range sensor...or would it be better if i just buy a new one from the dealer...money is a big issue now, so hopefully someone can tell me how to fix it

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by ContourRacing20:
if anyone knows how to fix a range sensor lemme know

Sorry, but things have been a little crazy lately and I forgot all about this. Sorry again.

I'm not at home, but this is basically the samething and should help you out...

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/d3/ba/0900823d801bd3ba.jsp#hd1-1-2

Don't worry about the engine's being different. Also, if you cannot get yourhands on the alignment tool, don't fret. There marks on the sensor and you just rotate the sensor until the marks line up.

As for fixing the sensor, you can't. If it is bad, you will have to replace it. IIRC, the sensor is about 30 bucks from a dealer.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I have a new (ten miles on it) range sensor I will sell you for $20 shipped. Guaranteed good. Its ford's newer designed one.

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard