Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1009544 07/21/04 01:25 PM
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Ok so I have a few issues. First off, the good news, my blower motor works again, and yet again I didn't do anything, I just turned it back on today and it worked again. I didn't have time to check if it was grounded properly or anything like that. Its as if it wanted a break for a few days or something.
Now my car audio system is acting like a beeatch. I have a pioneer deck and every now and again (started yesterday) when I go to either turn on my subwoofer or change the ballance, the faceplate goes dull, the music plays but the lights go out. when I press the powerbutton everything goes back to normal. In an unrelated (I hope) issue I nolonger get any output from my rear passanger side speaker. I tested the input, and both plugs coming from the deck have power, I haven't tested the outputs of my amp yet, but the last time this happened it was just a lose input wire.
Anyways, I also have diming headlights and interior dome light (if turned on that is), while Im driving, they'll flicker as though they aren't getting enought power, or theres a short somewhere. My battery light isn't coming on. The battery is a few months old, I bought it from ford, and my alternator was rebuilt in december and the belt is relativly new also (only thing that isn't is the tensioner pulley).
In really wet weather, if i drive through a puddle I lose power steering and my battery light comes on.
I am worried I have a short somewhere, or are all of my problems unrelated and just a matter of equipment going old or bad.
Is there a test that can be run on my electrical system to ensure that everything is running the way it should be?
What happens if there isnt' enough water in the battery? I haven't checked the level, but I am curious.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. It never fails, when even I pay off one of my credit cards something bad happens.

99 V6 SE
204,000 km and kicking.... kinda

Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Do you call it bad names and forget it's birthday?

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I always tell it i love it
One other thing i thought i might mention, the cables coming off my battery look like they have seen better days, could this be a cause, or an amplifier of my problems?

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by ZER0:
In really wet weather, if i drive through a puddle I lose power steering and my battery light comes on.

Check behind the passenger front wheel. There is a plastic well liner that is supposed to keep water away from the belt-driven accessories. What's probably happening is that your belt is getting wet and losing its grip on the pullies, and it could be because that liner is cracked or broken.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I'm think most of your problems all stem from the same thing. I believe that your system is draining alot of power(which is making your headlights dim..etc) Maybe you should invest in an Optima battery. Or maybe it could be a loose wire somewhere in your connection...Ford should be able to check that from you.

~darp~
BTW I hear that if you buy the car some flowers and candy(tune up and oil change) the love you better.

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Your draining power like crazy, get a cap for the system.

Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
The two amps that i have in the car are small, 1 is like 200 watts for my sub, and anther is a 4 X60 for the doors, even with the system off i still experience the same problems

And im all about the Flowers and Candy esp of the Mobil 1 variety, and motorcraft brand, I want it to love me again

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I hear that, my 'tour has been nothing but uber [censored] to me. I treat her right, what do I get? Crap.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
My car is perfect... 1995 ford Contour, I tell her i love her all the time, and strictly maintain her, and she has been doing nothing but providing me with pleasureable service, ive owned her now for 1 year, and plan to keep owning it till the day i die!

Timing feels alittle off though

I seem to always have good experiences with stuff...

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
My contour likes it rough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard