Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by jaxsvt:
Children... let's have a little chat,
Quote:

Ah yes...the "call them children" tactic, nice touch. The creativity displayed in your subtle insult is truly tragic. Now, to get back to the point of the post, my response was not meant to in anyway flame you, please re-read it.

Quote:

SteedaSVT -

+If Streetwires and Monster are no diferent in quality than why do you diss them on your post on page 5?

+You said your system cost $10 less than AquaFBody's on page 3

Don't let Steeda get to you. He has owned a lot of equipment including some CV Strokers (which IMO, were outrageously overpriced) but still cost above 1000.00 each early on in their entry into the car audio scene. It wasn't more than a few years ago that Streetwires owned the competition audio scene. Monster cable was a distinct minority but there are quite a few factors in that not the least of which is reputation. Remember when a winning car was virtually guarenteed with the following combo: Alpine source, PPI amps, MB Q components, JL Audio subs, audiocontrol processors? That was the same era that streetwires dominated. Anyway, moving on.
Quote:

+I never said that Monster made my system all that great. You, MXRacerCam and dnewma04 eluded to that. What I did say was that I really liked monster cable.... period. The amount of "engineering"(look close guys) not marketing or research is what I appreciate.

Another subtle jab. You may not have said directly that Monster Cable made you system great, but you did insinuate on a couple of occasions that lesser brand wire could compromise the system. The engineering behind Monster's wires is sound. The claims of sonic superiority (especially in speaker wire) is ridiculous...wait, that is not a strong enough word but it's late and I don't feel like getting the Roget's out.

Quote:

So far all I've seen from you, the obvious "Hard-Core CEG'r"
is a lot of angry replies to poeple's posts.

You seem to be fitting right in with this particular post. Your condescending tone is actually kind of cute. Oh wait...i think i just played your own game....;)

Quote:

you a "true member" or something of this community then you can have it all to yourself... it can be your little secret.

This entire site has been irrelevant for years, so yours or anyone elses presence here couldn't possibly matter any less.

Quote:

My 12 posts have nothing to do with what I know about car audio and you trying to guage my experience in this field by the number of my post just confirms your ignorance.

I 100% agree. Post counts mean nothing. But, then again, by referring to us as "children" you are doing the same thing. Making a judgement on a group of people without knowing anything about them. Double standard?
Quote:

Steeda, I'm sure you know a lot about car audio but I'm not about to get into a pissing match over this. Grow up, read what I wrote and respond to them in kind if you do have a response to them.

I don't think anyone wants to run this thread downhill anymore than it has already.

Quote:

my wires are not a weak link in my system.

I agree, but if you used 16 guage zip cord for speaker wire, your system wouldnt' sound any different than it does now. So, even in that case the wires wouldn't be the weak point in your system.

Quote:

Like I said before - Please feel free to drive up to Auburn Maine and listen for yourself and prove me wrong if you can because all this "bench racing" with your audio equipment isn't proving anything other than the idea that you can influence people by the number of posts you have made.

And what point would listening to your system possibly have? I don't think anyone disagrees your system sounds quite good. I believe that some people may have been a bit annoyed by the "Eclipse 8443 greatest sound HU of all time" type of reviews of your own equipment. It came across as fairly arrogant whether it was intended or not. (I don't need to re-read your post, i know I didn't quote you word for word). When you were questioned about your choices, your response that essentially said that you had the best system that money could buy for each of your components, you didn't do anything to quell the elitism you hinted at earlier.

Again, the number of posts couldn't possibly mean anything less. This forum has been decidedly anti-voodoo when it comes to audio equipment. I have done my best to dispell as many audio myths as I can over the years and this forum is no different than others I have participated on. Things like
"my wires sound better than your wires"
"underpowering kills speakers"
"you need a capacitor!"
"my amp has great imaging and presence"
"bose makes the best speakers"

and other such nonsense will be met semi-harshly, because most of the people on this forum no better than to believe it and will try to crush it before some poor nube starts to believe it.

Quote:

Get some rest guys... you'll need it for class.

Jack

I will get some rest. Everyday is class for me, I guess I'm not old enough to know it all yet.

Good night.
Dave

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Well written denewma04. I applaud your ability to respond without letting the conversation get any more "base".

Jack

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
"Just don't tell me your wiring makes your system sounds better. "

What nobody here believes that $10,000 per meter silver speakers wires makes the speakers sound better.

come on some body must believe that

Last edited by contour_phoenix_when; 08/11/04 02:31 PM.
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
SteedaSVT -

+You said your system cost $10 less than AquaFBody's on page 3

Get some rest guys... you'll need it for class.

Jack

I think Monster is overpriced#1 and yes even with my fatty discount it is.

Becuase my system cost me less doesn't mean anything. I get everything brand new and i disclose what i paid for it after i sell all of it. I get stuff at Dealer cost or below. And as many SEmich CEG'r's know "I DON'T Pay retail." My Brand new Soundstream Exacts where 75 dollars each. The only reason I started ripping you is the way you posted everything.

And your class comment why don't you drive over here and ill take you to class!

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Well written denewma04. I applaud your ability to respond without letting the conversation get any more "base".

Jack

and you don't attempt to refute him either. is it safe to assume then that you are agreeing with his points?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

Jack

and you don't attempt to refute him either. is it safe to assume then that you are agreeing with his points?

NO it is not safe to assume that. At least not on all his points.

"Another subtle jab. You may not have said directly that Monster Cable made you system great, but you did insinuate on a couple of occasions that lesser brand wire could compromise the system. The engineering behind Monster's wires is sound. The claims of sonic superiority (especially in speaker wire) is ridiculous...wait, that is not a strong enough word but it's late and I don't feel like getting the Roget's out."

-I have never insinuated in any of my posts that a lesser brand of any sort would compromise the system - although it is a true point. I also never made mention of speaker wire in my car or of any claim of superiority to another speaker wire. But if it makes him feel better to rebut a statement that wasn't made by me so he could have something to do as a moderator... so be it.

"I 100% agree. Post counts mean nothing. But, then again, by referring to us as "children" you are doing the same thing. Making a judgement on a group of people without knowing anything about them. Double standard?"

-I rest my case on this one. Both yourself and Steeda responding about the Monster Cable is beyond me... If it is an inside joke, go ahead, laugh it up. But from my perspective it was a childish response to a statement that was never made.

"And what point would listening to your system possibly have? I don't think anyone disagrees your system sounds quite good. I believe that some people may have been a bit annoyed by the "Eclipse 8443 greatest sound HU of all time" type of reviews of your own equipment. It came across as fairly arrogant whether it was intended or not. (I don't need to re-read your post, i know I didn't quote you word for word). When you were questioned about your choices, your response that essentially said that you had the best system that money could buy for each of your components, you didn't do anything to quell the elitism you hinted at earlier."

-I stand firm with my opinion that the 8443 from Eclipse is the cleanest HU around... without going to a balanced output. How many other decks out there can say they have a 55ohm impedence level at 8volts? Basicaly what that means is that the signal flows from the source to the amp virtually unrestricted.
-No one asked me about my choices for my system. The only questions posed were if I had any pitures, and if Monster Cable made it sound better. Both of these questions were addressed. If you feel as though from what you read is in my car makes me "elite" in some sort of way then I say Thank you. Now I'm supposed "quell the elitism you hinted at earlier". What is this crap?! I never hinted to anything - and I'm not about to make everyone feel equal by toning down the "elitism". This is life guys... This isn't elementary school soccer where everyone goes home a winner with ribbons and no hurt feelings. What?, am I supposed to make it "fair" for everone?

denewma04,
This entire site has been irrelevant for years, so yours or anyone elses presence here couldn't possibly matter any less
-Man that is sad. You are a moderator of this forum and you bash it yourself! I don't need to say anything else on that.
"BTW, I would be willing to bet I could equal that SQ for 50% of the cost, maybe even exceed the performance. Do you mind saying how much you spent since prices can vary so substantially online and locally?"
-I paid retail.

Jack

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
cool beans!

D
D

-Man that is sad. You are a moderator of this forum and you bash it yourself! I don't need to say anything else on that.

I agree, it is sad what it has deteriorated to over the last 2 years or so.

Quote:

"BTW, I would be willing to bet I could equal that SQ for 50% of the cost, maybe even exceed the performance. Do you mind saying how much you spent since prices can vary so substantially online and locally?"
-I paid retail.

Jack

Jack, let me make it clear that I am not bashing your system but I can understand your defensiveness. Adding a "In my experience" or "In my opinion" would help the presentation of information. The 8443 is a fine HU and if you choose to send you signal in the analog domain, it is way above average (especially if you have noise problems where the voltage can help). It helps even more if you have one of those rare amps that can accept that input voltage. Is your system outstanding? very likely. Is it the best that your money could have bought? very unlikely but it doesn't matter as long as you think it's worthwhile.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M

-I have never insinuated in any of my posts that a lesser brand of any sort would compromise the system - although it is a true point.

no it's not. there's no proof. it's a bunch of crap.
if your system is setup properly in the first place, theres no need for any special cabling. and since yours is obviously so superior, you don't need it as well.

-I rest my case on this one. Both yourself and Steeda responding about the Monster Cable is beyond me... If it is an inside joke, go ahead, laugh it up. But from my perspective it was a childish response to a statement that was never made.

it wasn't that you made the statement, you clearly inferred it, however. and most ceg audio forum members have little tolerance for perpetuating audio myths. if you take offense to that, i'm sorry.

- Now I'm supposed "quell the elitism you hinted at earlier". What is this crap?! I never hinted to anything - and I'm not about to make everyone feel equal by toning down the "elitism". This is life guys... This isn't elementary school soccer where everyone goes home a winner with ribbons and no hurt feelings. What?, am I supposed to make it "fair" for everone?

but we're expected to do it for you? you truly are the king of double standards.

This entire site has been irrelevant for years, so yours or anyone elses presence here couldn't possibly matter any less

instead of running your mouth about daves "bashing" the forum, maybe you should THINK about his statement. the contour has not been in production since 2000. thus, this site is dedicated to a deceased platform. hence the irrlevance.

-I paid retail.

Jack

how about this, since you're so intent on everyone listening to your system. you tally up how much you've spent on your system. dave and i will design and build one for appx. half the price, and we will enter both cars in a sanctioned sq event. i'd say a $3,000.00 bet to who scores higher in the sq points would make it interesting. what do you say?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Im not cool enough to be in this design Bastard!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard