CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by GregDawg:
JVC HU 160 watts
stock speakers
2 12" pioneer subs
2 15" Rockford Punch P1's
2 900 watt mono channel Rockford Amps
People thought it would sound bad. Well, news flash, it doesn't! I know, quantity doesn't necessarily make quality but it sounds damn good if u ask me. This [censored] bumbs, hard. If I listen to it full blast for like 10 min, I'll get a headache, I'm addicted to bass. I have my 15's facing the back, and my 12's facing forward with the seats folded down. The only problems is, with the 15" box being almost as tall as the trunk, I don't feel it lets enough of the sound into the cabin like it should. But it sounds nice to me, thats all the matter, oh yea...and that I make people's heads turn!

how are u powering ur system, do u have an extra battery or do u have some capacitors

99 Zetec Atx Se 17's w/yoko H4 rubber Green and Black interior CTA + header + big pipes = very loud 89 Mustang LX (stock for now)
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Monstour:

u need 1 farad for every 1000watts of power)

Not really. Technically, you need 0 farads for any power level.

We have fairly strong electrical systems and the VERY limited energy a cap can store helps very little. Adding a cap will certainly not add any audible improvements.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
D
D
JVC HU 160 watts
stock speakers
2 12" pioneer subs
People thought it would sound bad. Well, news flash, it doesn't! I know, quantity doesn't necessarily make quality but it sounds damn good if u ask me. This [censored] bumbs, hard. If I listen to it full blast for like 10 min, I'll get a headache, I'm addicted to bass. I have my 15's facing the back, and my 12's facing forward with the seats folded down. The only problems is, with the 15" box being almost as tall as the trunk, I don't feel it lets enough of the sound into the cabin like it should. But it sounds nice to me, thats all the matter, oh yea...and that I make people's heads turn!

how are u powering ur system, do u have an extra battery or do u have some capacitors

130A stock alternator will handle 1800w without hesitation sans a pure test tone diet to your woofer...

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by AquaFBody:
180 watt folding awia deck CDC-X927M
front doors 220 watt 6.25 sony explodes forgot model numders
rear doors 180 watt 6X8 pioneers forgot model number
rear deck 6X9 250 watt pioneers TS-6969
sub lightning audio 500 watt 12 forgot that model numder too
6X9 amp 2 chanel 80 watt black hawk AMP2020
sub amp 2 chanel 340 watt dual XAF340

Total cost $328.92

Beats every one.

Are you trying to say its better than everyones or that for the price its better than everyones?

Becuase if your claiming either find what i have then subtract 10 dollars from what yours cost and thats how much mine was. Soo either way your last comment isn't true. Plus there are two Iasca Champs in this forum and i dno't think a Dual amp is gonna hang with that.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
HU: JVC KD-AR5000 (touchscreen)
Doors: Infinity 152.1 kappa
Sub: 12" Kicker L7 (square one for those who don't know)
Amp: Visonik V900HC
Cap: MA Audio 10 Farad

I'm runnin all 0/1 gauge wire, its pretty decent. The L7's are great for clarity as well as overall performance.

Did u mean to say u have a 1 farad capacitor or do u just have a monster capacitor?(u need 1 farad for every 1000watts of power)

I really do have a 10 Farad Cap

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Doc Vox:
Originally posted by path914:
HU: Eclipse 5442
Fronts: Vifa tweeters and Vifa 7" mids
Front amp: JBL P80.4
Crossover: Custom Madisound
Sub: Elemental Designs 12O.44
Sub amp: Xtant
Battery: Optima red top
Wiring: Knu Konceptz

What happened to the Eclipse 2101?

I still have it boxed up somewhere... I installed everything else and decided that it was unnecessary (it would probably help a little, but I have no idea how to set it correctly anyway and my current systems sounds incredible as-is). I have never used it once. To be honest, I totally forgot that I had it... , I should probably sell it...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Pioneer HU 7500MP
Infinity 6802cf's in the doors
2 Boston Acoustics Pro Series 12.5LF
Rockford Fosgate 551s Amp

This system really bumps, but with this amp I am not feeding the subs nearly enough power, will get a new amp at the end of summer

1993 KL-03 V6 Mazda Protege 1998 Contour SE V6 MTX - SOLD "Bottles are for babies, Real men get blown."
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
HU: JVC KD-AR5000 (touchscreen)
Doors: Infinity 152.1 kappa
Sub: 12" Kicker L7 (square one for those who don't know)
Amp: Visonik V900HC
Cap: MA Audio 10 Farad

I'm runnin all 0/1 gauge wire, its pretty decent. The L7's are great for clarity as well as overall performance.

Did u mean to say u have a 1 farad capacitor or do u just have a monster capacitor?(u need 1 farad for every 1000watts of power)

I really do have a 10 Farad Cap

May i ask why?

99 Zetec Atx Se 17's w/yoko H4 rubber Green and Black interior CTA + header + big pipes = very loud 89 Mustang LX (stock for now)
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by dnewma04:

u need 1 farad for every 1000watts of power)

Not really. Technically, you need 0 farads for any power level.

We have fairly strong electrical systems and the VERY limited energy a cap can store helps very little. Adding a cap will certainly not add any audible improvements.

Well maybe my one amp is more powerful than other amps because with my 800watts, my lights dim(if i spelled it right)every time my bass hits and i know if i was to add another amp without 2 caps the whole thing would probably cut off. I've asked people at audio shops just incase anyone was thinking i'm coming up with this. EX. i went to an auto show and these people at the shop had their van out there that had countless amount of speakers and the guy said they don't really have enough batteries to power the system.(meaning it will cut off if they turn it up)

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by dnewma04:
JVC HU 160 watts
stock speakers
2 12" pioneer subs

130A stock alternator will handle 1800w without hesitation sans a pure test tone diet to your woofer...

I think that depends on the amp thats pumping out the 1800watts. A cheaper amp won't hit as hard as an more expensive amp, not to say mines is more powerful than anybody else's, but my altenator wouldn't be able to run any more

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard