Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
the TSX's look sweet other than the basket looks like stamped steel not a forged basket but i could be wrong.

anyone have price on the tsx 15's?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
A properly made stamped steel basket can be just as good as a forged aluminum one. Plus it's considerably cheaper to make. Just doesnt have the "bling" factor.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
If you're gettin the Stroker's for $250 then you, sir, suck. The Treo's would run way more than that; so they're out.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Way late, but I have a Kenwood Head Unit ( KDC-MP625 ) a Rockford Punch 400s ( running mono at 4 ohms,about 410 watts)
2 12" Kicker Comps ( 8 ohm running parallel) Kicker components in the door...... Bout it..... Loud as h3|| tho....

00SEMTXMeshgrill,KKM&K&N,Fogsmodded,17"MotegiFF5's,SilverELgauges,BlueLEDinterior,Knaubered Trubendzw/magnaflowhttp://www.sl33stak.com FSVT Smart pump
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
haha...nice screen name. are you bill laimbeer?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by SVTMike:
A properly made stamped steel basket can be just as good as a forged aluminum one. Plus it's considerably cheaper to make. Just doesnt have the "bling" factor.

Thats cool and all i have never had a sub with a stamped basket so i would like to keep it that way... whats the cost on them JBL amp's? the 1200.1? like 200 each or soo? Those are out if soo then too Sounds like if i do this its another Cerwin/Soundstream setup..

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Right around 200 for the BP1200.1, give or take a few bucks yeah.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
D
D

Up to a certain point, you are absolutely correct. I'm not aware of any forged baskets, but there are plenty of cast baskets. ANyway, at some point, aluminum baskets do have some serious advantages in heat dissappation and rigidity. I would certainly avoid a sub with Brahma like excursion claims that used a stamped steel basket.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by dnewma04:

Up to a certain point, you are absolutely correct. I'm not aware of any forged baskets, but there are plenty of cast baskets. ANyway, at some point, aluminum baskets do have some serious advantages in heat dissappation and rigidity. I would certainly avoid a sub with Brahma like excursion claims that used a stamped steel basket.

Yeah, cast aluminum.

And Steeda, those W3's have stamped baskets.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
damn thats right ok one sub out of the many i have owned..

Even my CV Vega series 10's are cast thast what i ment to say not forged sooooooooooooorrry.

I wouldn't get any Comp sub witha stamped basket! unless you where only competing SQ or had alot of non High Excursion subs.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard