Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The `98 was a builder, the `96 is up in the air and the Cougar is the `96's replacement, only with a V6, leather and a better color. Still need to keep a toy since the Volvo handles the twisties best if its parked and I am looking at them.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
C
C
YES! Looking to replace my shot lower control arms ASAP. Please bring to market now and let me know when you do!

Chris Caselli '67 Mustang Fastback project car '98 SVT Contour daily driver
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Bradness:
I'm happy to advise that the first set I put into service nearly 2 yrs. ago are still going strong. They've seen 2 local winters c/w slush, salt, sand, snow, etc. as is the norm around here.

Glad that everyone likes 'em.

Mine have seen some aggressive driving on these German twisites... work perfect!

Was looking at tire wear the other day, both back tires look brand new, so no alignment issues with them either!

They have gone through:

• Trip from Montana to Iowa to Wyoming to Idaho to Montana to Seattle with heavy snow, getting stuck on a mountain pass with a tow from a Forest ranger over the top, and various amounts of mud/dirt everywhere from that adventure.
  • Trip via ship to Germany
  • German winter
  • German roads (note that roads suck pretty bad here)

• Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
    J
    Veteran CEG\'er
    Veteran CEG\'er
    J
    Well, I guess these are really nice...
    Paid my $235 and Brad mailed them out to me on 23 June.
    And thatâ??s the end of that.
    The Canada Post tracking shows (today at 6:30PM):

Date of Even Time of Event Location Description
    2006/06/23 09:52 BURLINGTON, ON Item accepted at the Post office

and nothing else.

My local US Post Office says no package has arrived for me from Canada. The Canadian post office sent me this automated reply when I asked where my package was (seven days ago).
    Quote:

We are currently experiencing a rapid increase in e-mail requests from our customers.
    This has caused delays in our ability to respond to your request. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Right...

Is it still sitting at the Burlington ON post office? How long does a delivery take? Will I think twice before I buy anything that has to be shipped from Canada? Does anyone stateside have a set of these they never installed ($$)?

These are questions awaiting answers!

If I don't hear anything by next week, I will give up on it, see if Brad bought insurance for me - and try to find another set of these somewhere. Looks like a real nice product.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
    K
    Addicted CEG\'er
    Addicted CEG\'er
    K
    When Brad sent me my RSTB, shipping took ~1 week, nothing out of the ordinary. I wonder what the hold up is?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
    J
    Veteran CEG\'er
    Veteran CEG\'er
    J
    Since I know from PMs that at least one other CEGer has been having similar trouble with shipping on this, I thought I'd post what I've found out.

I've tried contacting Canada Post by both email and by telephone. Emails are worthless. My emails are answered with apologies about how busy they are or a short message that I must wait 30 days to start a trace (it has been well over 30 days). Today I spent 45 minutes on hold on a long distance international line (God knows what that cost), trying to start a trace and was finally told that the sender must initiate traces. Iâ??m not sure if thatâ??s an international restriction or not.

So anyone in the US who has not received his parts after 30 days must ask Brad to start a â??trace.â? At the completion of the trace (probably another 30 days) CanadaPost will honor the insurance ($200 US in my case) if the sender (Brad) requests it.

If the insurance comes through, I guess Iâ??m only out the $35 shipping and phone bills.

Whole thing sucks, but is not Bradâ??s fault in any way.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
    M
    Veteran CEG\'er
    Veteran CEG\'er
    M
    Did they make it to the Canada/USA exchange? My arms were held up about 1 week at the border. Also, the Canada Post tracking only goes to the border.... I think from there, you can use the # in the USPS tracking.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
    J
    Veteran CEG\'er
    Veteran CEG\'er
    J
    Originally posted by morbid:
    Did they make it to the Canada/USA exchange? My arms were held up about 1 week at the border. Also, the Canada Post tracking only goes to the border.... I think from there, you can use the # in the USPS tracking.

I have no way of knowing where they are. Canada Post tracking only shows Brad dropping them off. Nothing has arrived at my post office.

J
    Veteran CEG\'er
    Veteran CEG\'er
    J
    35 days, including the day Brad mailed the parts. That's what it took to ship from Burlington ON to Marshall VA.

I got my package. The tube was leaning on the wall of my housenext to my front door when I got home today.

Figures it would show up the very day after I decide to get serious about starting a trace!

F
    Hard-core CEG\'er
    Hard-core CEG\'er
    F
    Should have gone FedEx

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard