So, have you noticed any difference?

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by path914:
So, have you noticed any difference?

Not really... since the tires I have now have less grip than the old ones, unless the arms are doing their job...

At least I know they're not going to bend as easily.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
This thread has been going a long time and I may have explained this earlier but a bit of product development info......

I first looked at doing modified main control arms. Took the stockers off and showed them to a stock car and hot rod builder who strictly does custom chassis & suspension work. My plan was to fabricate tubular arms but he told me that a fully boxed rectangular section arm was just as strong as tubular. Plus there were other issues I was uncomfortable with: how to mount the end link; installation of main arms requires dropping the subframe for bolt removal; potential failure due to the fact that the main arms carry the majority of the rear suspension loads. Then add in the fact that the stock Ford toe control arms are flimsy, disposable products, relatively simple to install and the decision was made for me.

There are some comments & opinions of the tubular TCA's on the NECO board by at least 1 fellow who autocrosses his Cougar. If you cannot find it PM me and I'll see if I can find the link.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Why would you need to drop the subframe to get the A-arms out? You can just cut the bolt on the transmission side and run the new bolt in from under neath when you install it.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Why would you need to drop the subframe to get the A-arms out? You can just cut the bolt on the transmission side and run the new bolt in from under neath when you install it.

I think you are takling about the front A-arms, and Brad was talking about the rear control arm (box-like arm).

Now about what you suggested, I won't get into this fully, but think about it this way. With the bolts in from the top, if the nut backs off you are still okay, if they are inserted through the bottom and the nut backs off, out drops the bolt and you can take it from there....

Brad and myself see eye to eye on this and discussed it a while back.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Got my TCAs from Brad. Looks amazing - gotta post more after I put 'em on.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
This thread is kinda' old but still hanging around.

Anyhow, I've got some excess inventory (3 prs.) of these arms which I'm unloading at a sale price. They normally sell for $225 plus options & shipping. I'll let them go for $200 US plus shipping. They come with zinc plated sleeve/bushings/hardware and are painted black. 1 pair has a small paint blemish which is nearly completely hidden by the poly bushings, another has a very light silver speckle in the black powder paint only apparent when looking closely. The painter didn't clean out the gun fully.

Payment to be by Money Order or personal cheque. Sorry but Paypal skims too much for me to make this offer and use them for payment.

Anyone interested should PM or email me.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I am still interested, however I am about to leave the country for 1 month so this isnt the best time for me. . . .

I was also thinking getting a few other parts from you at the same time and just do one big fun purchase.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Im still happy with mine. They are moving over to my Cougar as soon as it comes home.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Hey Jon. You getting rid of (1) your Contours or simply adding to the fleet?

I'm happy to advise that the first set I put into service nearly 2 yrs. ago are still going strong. They've seen 2 local winters c/w slush, salt, sand, snow, etc. as is the norm around here.

Glad that everyone likes 'em.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard