Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
OK Team, here is my issue, and know, I have not yet accomplished much in the way of t/s: wife's 5spd 1995 Zetec with 89k miles. Problem started "all of a sudden"; idles fine, no codes (yet- only has had two drive cycles) but misses fairly bad when at speed (load/no load). Very difficult to drive, low power available. Fuel has not been added recently, temp guage reading normal. No known issues, has had good service. No oil water/vice-versa.
Like I said, not much in the way of t/s to date (just started today, I am greeted with this problem upon arriving home from work!!!
Anyone have any history/experiences that they may want to share? General direction to proceed in?
I hope to check plug wires and plugs this weekend, as well as run compression checks. I will note fuel tank level and post. Fuel filter needs changed. Mobil 1 oil level is A-OK.
thanks - Bill

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by contour_r_us:

I hope to check plug wires and plugs this weekend, as well as run compression checks. I will note fuel tank level and post. Fuel filter needs changed. Mobil 1 oil level is A-OK.
thanks - Bill

Well, that's about it. I'd do the same.

Tiv

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks for the post. I've been on vacation for a week, so now is my first opportunity to T/S this further. What Motorcraft/Autolite plugs (Motorcraft pn# 4112 or Autolite pn# APP5344) are the 'preferred" plug? I realize platinum is the answer (both I listed are plat); I am looking for a specific change in heat range to the stock plugs that others have found is a benefit.
tia - Bill

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
OK, now that I have had time to T/S my 'tour, I can report what I found and more importantly she runs GREAT!! (again)
Can you say water in the gas? Yes, this is Oregon, the land of unregulated fuel as far as quality of automotive fuels.
So, once the tank was drained, and fuel filter replaced, we are "off to the races" (so to speak).
Thanks for everyones help.
Bill

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard