Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1002152 07/12/04 10:13 AM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
And I hope none of you drink from this river.

I will post some more pics from out North Cascade Hwy run sometime tomorrow perhaps. Whenever I can find to resize and upload them.

Llane, I got the lights to work on the master switch. One of the LEDs WAS flipped, and the other were not working due to some messed up solders. The lockout switch is still not working, but I put it together by guessing. The rear window switches are not working at all yet, so I will need to get that fixed. I also have a short on the pass rear window in the master switch, it starts to move then stops. At least I got it up before that problem decided to surface.

Oh, and the LED for the defrost light is BRIGHT AS HELL!

P.S. When I was trying to remove my oil drain plug I dislocated my left shoulder again. It went right back in, but it still frikken hurts.

Car runs great though. Can wait to pick up the new air filter tomorrow. Or is that today? Damn, it is late.

P.P.S. I can't find the PCV valve. Seriously. The hose ends at a fitting that is a permament part of the valve cover. Weird.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#1002153 07/12/04 10:53 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Nice pic...looks like he's enjoying himself!
Would that be an Air Hog filter? Sorry, wrong thread.

I remember the PCV valve on my E0 being a total biaoch. Might be different placement on your 2000 though.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
#1002154 07/12/04 07:03 PM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Every car I have had, they have been located on the valve cover that has the Oil fill cap. Are they someplace different on the 'tour?

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#1002155 07/12/04 07:57 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Thanks for uploading that picture. Should made it smaller, buddy icon size lol
I might just do it lol.
I wish I hadn't run outta sodder, and we had to use the rosinless sodder. that [censored] sucks. lol, unless you have rosin. Glad you got it working. My breaks are running great. Ohh hey man my interview went great. Sounds like I probably got the job. The business is like 6 blocks away, about 3 min drive for the average joe smo, about 1 without hitting the red for me lol. I gotta wash my car today sometime, and gotta clean all that stuff out still. Ohh got my tabs, emissions went perfect... I am so excited. I will be making about $600 more a month then my last job at nintendo.... Dude, 3L is coming If i get this [censored]!!! lol. Maybe rims first. If I get this job though, I will be working Friday, Saturyday, Sunday, Monday, 10 hour shifts. so meets will become rare for me. Not sure what the time shifts are yet. I know we have day and night. So I will push for night shifts, so I can still have a life, and CEG lol.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#1002156 07/12/04 09:27 PM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You go boy. I hope you get the job.

Other highlights from yesterday.

I ran Seafoam injector cleaner through the UIM. The cloud of smoke from the dislodged CRAP was extremely impressive and the gearhead across the street loved it. It brought out ALL of the neighbors and the guy at the end of my block thought something was wrong with my car. It took about 20 minutes to clear out the crap.

After Llane went home, I set about changing the oil, and when I was trying to get the damn oil drain plug off, I dislocated my shoulder. It went right back in the but the sound is sickening. My shoulder hurts like hell today. But even though I had dislocated my shoulder, I went ahead with my oil change and spark plug replacement anyway. The electrodes on the old plugs were almost gone. The car runs so much smoother now, I can hardly tell I have a new air filter in, it is running so good.

Next project? Engine mounts and an upgraded stab-o-shock. I am getting a little too much movement when I nail it.

#1002157 07/12/04 11:52 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Air Hog!

LOL!

It's OK Mike, mr. filter irritated me too. (Could you tell?)

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
#1002158 07/12/04 11:56 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Yes PDX...did you read the penis pump post?! You've got to go back and check out that thread since you left it. It's entertaining! Loved your rant by the way.

Good to hear you're all tuned up Beowulf. Probably getting much better mileage again. Just checked out your pics of the run and they are very nice.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
#1002159 07/13/04 12:10 AM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I went and found the Air Hog thread...jesus, what a clusterf*ck.

No, I ordered an K&N drop in filter. I figure the cost is worth it consider that I will not be replacing it until I go with some other option, like the one you and I discussed the other day.

Of course, no one carries the drop in filter in stock, so they had to order it in and had it the next day. I also put on a K&N oil filter, but the bad thing is that the filter removal adpater thingy I bought a coupel of months is no good to me anymore. Hopefully I will still be bale to use it on the GFU's car.

We will see how the fuel milage goes, I get in the very high 20's as it is.

#1002160 07/13/04 01:14 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Hey, forgot to tell you, the blinking check engine light through the guys at emissions for a lope, they were like, its on then it goes off then its on, and off, but the computer shows it as being okay. I don't get it. Then I told him it was a blinking bulb, because I didn't want to waste explaining what an LED was. lol. Loving my breaks man. Loven them a lot, thanks for the uhhh, ..... i guess letting me use your lifts for my car. lol. didn't help much but thats cool. I am gonna do the seafoam to my car in a few weeks hopefully. And swapping to synthetic also.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#1002161 07/13/04 01:57 AM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by auiotour:
Hey, forgot to tell you, the blinking check engine light through the guys at emissions for a lope, they were like, its on then it goes off then its on, and off, but the computer shows it as being okay. I don't get it. Then I told him it was a blinking bulb, because I didn't want to waste explaining what an LED was. lol. Loving my breaks man. Loven them a lot, thanks for the uhhh, ..... i guess letting me use your lifts for my car. lol. didn't help much but thats cool. I am gonna do the seafoam to my car in a few weeks hopefully. And swapping to synthetic also.

Hey man, I helped. There wasn't room in there for both of us to do your brakes.

P.S. My oil has never been darker than it was when i changed it last night. Lots of nasty gunk got flushed out.

Last edited by Beowulf; 07/13/04 01:59 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard