Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
to help fight AIDS in OTHER countries. Make any sense to anyone, this is why I hate paying taxes, MY money goes to help people I and most Americans dont care about. How about using that $15 billion here, and telling the other countries to fight AIDS their own way.
NO one has ever helped us that much, in fact most countries in the World have never done antying for us, but yet we do everything for everyone else.

Many of our states are in serious debt, Michigan my state being one, $920 million dollars. I fail to see why the govt. gives other countries billions of dollars but cant give the people who pay the taxes an extra billion. We have to had to do so many budget cuts in schools it is unreal, not that I smoke but the tax is now $2.00 a pack, so a pack is like $4.00 at least, that is just one attempt to balance the budget.
This govt. is f*cked badly and needs some serious change and we need some different people in charge.

We are in a downward spiral and keep going down farther.

To discuss debt, since you brought it up:

Who placed those states in debt? The federal govt. or the states themselves? Why in the HELL should the federal govt. bail out certain states that went bonkers on their budgets and didn't adjust for shortfalls that many economists foretold?

By far and away, most states got themselves into the fiscal mess they are in and they can get themselves out. The LAST thing the federal govt. needs to to is give state govts. their "fix". They need to learn to run with balanced budgets and take some responsibility of their expenditures and planning for economic downturns where tax dollars won't line the coffers as they previously did.

Otherwise, state governments will NEVER learn, the same way the fed has never learned...

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
to help fight AIDS in OTHER countries. Make any sense to anyone, this is why I hate paying taxes, MY money goes to help people I and most Americans dont care about. How about using that $15 billion here, and telling the other countries to fight AIDS their own way.
NO one has ever helped us that much, in fact most countries in the World have never done antying for us, but yet we do everything for everyone else.

Many of our states are in serious debt, Michigan my state being one, $920 million dollars. I fail to see why the govt. gives other countries billions of dollars but cant give the people who pay the taxes an extra billion. We have to had to do so many budget cuts in schools it is unreal, not that I smoke but the tax is now $2.00 a pack, so a pack is like $4.00 at least, that is just one attempt to balance the budget.
This govt. is f*cked badly and needs some serious change and we need some different people in charge.

I bet you supported the war in Iraq.

AIDS is a WORLD problem. Not just a issue in Africa or some third world country. I would rather have the money being spent over in Iraq used towards AIDS research and education.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Antonio:

I bet you supported the war in Iraq, though.

Nope, he's one of those 'hate Bush because he's the devil' types.

According to this moron, Bush has singlehandedly 'wrecked the country'. Hell, the whole world for all he cares.

Don't forget that we deserve more terrorist attacks for the war and all we've done. You think that Hitman would wise up and stop posting.

Hey Tubs, I just lost my jengajam. Your ghetto pass has been revoked. You're no longer an honorary brother.
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
not that I smoke but the tax is now $2.00 a pack, so a pack is like $4.00 at least, .

Dont move to nyc man, pack of smokes is 7 bucks in the city. there is also a city tax in addition to state and federal taxes. I grossed 1800 last paycheck, took home 1100

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

You have no grasp of macro-politics to say the least. I suggest you stop posting, stop drinking gasoline and use the following:

You are an out and out assclown!!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
LMAO Nice, Stazi!

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
AIDS is preventable. Why should the US be out any money because Africans want to [censored] each other like animals?

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BIG daDDy:
not that I smoke but the tax is now $2.00 a pack, so a pack is like $4.00 at least, .

Dont move to nyc man, pack of smokes is 7 bucks in the city. there is also a city tax in addition to state and federal taxes. I grossed 1800 last paycheck, took home 1100

If there was ever an incentive to quit, THAT WOULD BE IT!!

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Like Rush said today, "keep up your fly and don't die" I think its amazing that the libs say George W doesn't care about AIDs patients and here he's giving 15 BILLION over 5 years, or is it 10? Whatever it is, its more than the rest of the world is giving, I assure you that George W. Bush is 04'

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by PackRat:
AIDS is preventable. Why should the US be out any money because Africans want to [censored] each other like animals?

I don't see AIDS as a continental problem. It's more global, and we are on this globe, right? You live in a cave if you don't know that AIDS is here too.

I think the US should lead the search for a cure. I don't think trying to save those with AIDS is going to get us anywhere. I haven't read about where this $15 billion is going, so I shouldn't come out in support of it. But I think that part of our responsibilities as world leaders is to invest in a cure for a disease that affects the entire globe.

Yes, it would be nice to say "it's not our fault, so why should we lose money because of it", but I think we're dipping into 'inhumane' territory if we do that.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard