Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
When I went to Schucks, they had a set of pads for $52/front $52/back, that had sensors built into them. He said they were for contours. I have never saw anything like this. Do some of our cars actually have connectors for this.. The connector looked like the ones that can be found inside the front doors, behind the sound proof material that is used for well sound and moisture....

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I believe some Cougars take the pads with sensors. The Contour will not utilize the sensors, but you could use the same pads, just chop the wires off.

Tom 98 LX (Zetec/ATX)
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Both contours and cougars are available with the electric wear sensors. If your car does not have them, just hack of the wires.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
lol they are $25 more a pair. i think I will just get the ones that don't have the wires lol.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by patman:
Both contours and cougars are available with the electric wear sensors. If your car does not have them, just hack of the wires.

contours have nothing like this, maybe the mondeo but not the contour

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Wierd. because everywhere I go stocked them under contour and cougar.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Brakes.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by brapple:
Originally posted by patman:

contours have nothing like this, maybe the mondeo but not the contour

I have Fords parts program on my computer at work and they show two part #s, one with and one without sensor wires. And I know you are wrong because I sold two kits (when my GP was going) to people who checked and had sensor wires on there pads on SVTs. All I do is brakes....all day....everyday. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, its irritating. And by the way, some Cougars have sensor wires as well.

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Brakes.

lol.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
okay so it is true, now.... to install abs, and part a car that has all the sensor stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard