Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
link saved.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
Is that the red fluid in some of the newer cars?

It comes in a variety of different colors (now) as most manufacturer's have their own OAT, blended OAT, or the like.

I started running Havoline's "Dex-Cool" many years ago. (before the SVT)

I switch my SVT over to it right after I bought it.

The last coolant change (new 3L) I went to Zerex's version (Extreme) since it is a 100% phosphate and silicate free OAT and has received excellent ratings.

I've got 30,000 on my SVT, is it safe to change now?

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
Is that the red fluid in some of the newer cars?

It comes in a variety of different colors (now) as most manufacturer's have their own OAT, blended OAT, or the like.

I started running Havoline's "Dex-Cool" many years ago. (before the SVT)

I switch my SVT over to it right after I bought it.

The last coolant change (new 3L) I went to Zerex's version (Extreme) since it is a 100% phosphate and silicate free OAT and has received excellent ratings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to switch to an OAT Coolant, you must completely flush out the old coolant with water so that the 2 types of coolant do not mix. Is that right?

How long should you flush a system (engine running) to verify that the system is adequately flushed?

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by zgendron:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to switch to an OAT Coolant, you must completely flush out the old coolant with water so that the 2 types of coolant do not mix. Is that right?

How long should you flush a system (engine running) to verify that the system is adequately flushed?

You are not wrong.

I would recommend filling the system with water running it for 10 minutes or so (get it hot) and then drain it.

Repeat that process 2 or 3 times.

Then top it off with the appropriate amount of OAT and distilled water. (remember all the plain water will not drain 100% so take that into account as well)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
haven't noticed any difference with it.

'04 Cobra Convertable!!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I used Redline waterwetter in my old 95 Taurus and it worked great....definitely ran cooler. If it isn't working properly, make sure you filled your radiator correctly...you use a lot less anti-freeze and more water when you use waterwetter.

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard