Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
the blower isnt workin for the last two days. i thought it was a fuse or relay. ive checked the fuse and the relay. neither one is messed up. any suggestions besides searching, which i will do as soon as i get home? thanks.

Green '99 tour SE Sport-5 speed "horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how much of the wall you take with you." www.cardomain.com/id/joecaffeine
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You should have seachered. A vacuum line has most likely came off, very common problem.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
if your car still blows on Defrost, then check this out:

FAQ PAGE

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I had the same problem about a week ago, in my 99SE V6 ATX. I went to turn on my defroster, and nothing, the vents opened(I know this because my windshield fogged up like crazy, thank goodness I was waiting at a red light)but the fan wouldn't work.

I checked all the fuses in the cabin fuse box, and all were good, I pulled out the one for the blower tested it(it was good) and put it back in, while I was there I made sure all the other ones were good. I then tested the blower again.... Nothing.

So I went to the one under the hood, checked all those fuses out, made sure they were all in right, they were, so I gave up. Started the car and for the heck of it, I turn on the pannel, and magic the darn thing worked.

I realize this doesn't exactly help, but maybe it'll give you some hope in that the blower motor may not be shot.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Mine did this a few months ago and last week. The fuse is OK, the contacts in the fuse box were dirty and semi-melted into the holder. Cleaning them with some #6 and a brush fixed it. The first time the fuse itself was a little warped so I changed it. Looking closely at it revealed a gap that opened up when the plastic got hot. I run the fan on high a lot here to cool the car down and it must be drawing too much current over a long period of time. Now that the cycle switch is fixed, the car cools down 3 times faster. Probably all of yours are bad but it takes a failure to finally notice it. The compressor wasn't running as long as it should. When the vacuum is disconnected from the motor control (heater/AC selector) you will notice the vent doors will not open and shut when you turn the knob. When the power is off (blown fuse or in my case, poor contact) the vacuum motors will work but the cab blower will not come on nor will the radiator/condensor fan kick in.

J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
i'll hafta check my fuse again, you're talkin bout the one under tha panel, right? just to make sure. its done this b4 but like the other guy, it just magically worked one day. i had played with the fuse and the relay so i thought it had just came off. i've looked at everyone elses problems in the search and in my case the defrost, nor any speed or option (panel, ac, ect.) works. maybe the fuse just is bad, i have been using it a lot lately since its been really hot outside. could it have anything to do with the recall? i might get that fixed while i am still under the recall stuff. oh well. thanks for the help guys.

laterz

Green '99 tour SE Sport-5 speed "horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how much of the wall you take with you." www.cardomain.com/id/joecaffeine
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Under the dash, next to last fuse, lower right when the box is lowered. 30 amp (green?) Mine started to melt the holder too.

J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
im takin my car in friday to check and see if its under the recall, but if its another problem then they'll charge me for the look. recap. no fan on any speed or any setting. relay and fuse are fine. vacuum is connected. what do i need to look for on the recall? any help is appricitated!

laterz

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard