Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I have just added an A-pillar gauge pod to my 98 SVT (that was a treat to install!). However I cannot find the oil pressure sending unit ANYWHERE! Can someone tell me where it is?? PLEASE?? Also if anyone knows the best place to add a coolant temp. sensor I'd love to know. I had an easier time putting in new struts and springs than trying to add sensors to this engine.

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hmmm, the gauge should have came with one. Or i guess you could tap off of the stock dummy light unit. I don't know if that would work or not. The stock pressure sender is on the block, duh, but I cant remember if its on ther front side or the back side. I would just get a Autometer gauge that comes with the unit.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
My gauge does have the sending unit, I'm just trying to find a place to tap into. I can't seem to find the spot.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Oh, I see. I tapped off of the rear head. I don't know if people agree with that but it is right next to my oil feed for the turbo so I wanted to see that same pressure. If you look to the right of the throttle body right underneith the valve cover you will see two 1/4" npt plugs. I removed one and tapped into there.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
the factory oil sending unit is behind the a/c compressor. I don't think an electric sending unit can be squeezed in behind it.

As for the coolant sending unit, I purchased a t-fitting and have them hooked up that way.

Ryan Trollin!
H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Thanks! I'll check into that tonight.

H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Thanks! Is it threaded, and do you think a tee or elbow fitting can be crammed in there? Where did you tap into for the coolant temp., and does it work OK with a tee fitting? I though I read that the coolant had to flow around the sensor, or it wouldn't read correctly.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
ok i have a ? now, i am totaly not mechanicly enclined at all but i have my gauges too and wanna do the oil pressure one tonight, where is the a/c compressor on my csvt. do you have a pic or an easy way to tell me and what do i have to do, do i have to drill, drain,or anything like that???

H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
The A/C compressor is on the passenger side, between the block and radiator. According to an earlier e-mail, you can get a sending unit on the back of the right head w/o drilling/tapping/etc. - (look back a few e-mails on this forum) - I'm gonna try to do this tonight. If it works out OK I'll let you know.

H
Hdbngr8 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
You were right on the money. It looks like that is a very good location. Pressure responded very quickly to engine speed change. Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard