Print Thread
#926754 04/12/04 08:32 PM
C
CJ98 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Since the air box is only attatched to the MAF on one end and that rubber sleeve on the other, can wiggling it around affect the MAF? Just curious. I had a CEL about a month ago. I had to put the filter box back in that sleeve after it had slipped out. Now the CEL is on again. I checked the sleeve and also went into Autozone to have the errors checked. The filter is clean.

I don't remember precicely, but the errors were that it's too rich, O2 sensor bank 2 #1, and MAF. I didn't write down the numbers, sorry. He seemed to think the O2 sensor was causing everything, but I could see how a faulty signal from the MAF could affect the O2 sensor's reading.

Any help? I plan on going in to Butman Ford in Ypsi soon to get a tune up and the rest of this stuff checked out. I hope it won't add up too much.

PS -- this is what that part of the alphabet would look like without Q and R.
#926755 04/13/04 12:11 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Sounds like your MAF could use a cleaning.

Just be careful and use a quality electrical contacts cleaner nothing with chlorine or methyl alcohol or similar.

I used brake cleaner and sprayed the wire sensor inside lightly. If that dosen't help you might need a new MAF

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
#926756 04/13/04 01:07 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by CJ98:
Since the air box is only attatched to the MAF on one end and that rubber sleeve on the other, can wiggling it around affect the MAF?

the airbox is attached at the bottom, and yes it can move some, it has to so it doesn't break from engine movement

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard