Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
For the people that did not have your SVT exhaust intact and had to have it welded back up, what are you guys paying for installation?

I took a look at the sticky in the top post and no one with an SVT exhaust is paying anywhere near what I'm being quoted.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Super Grover:
Originally posted by Big Bird:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Alright Elmo, you and cookie monster better watch out,,, if either wanna ya'll even think about touching miss piggy,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now where is big bird?

Good luck guys, I have pics of Big Bird that would make Cookie Monster stop eating!!!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
I looked at getting one made, they quoted me for mandril bent pipe not stainles steel and with out mufflers, was right at 800. I thought they were wacked for that kind of price. It was 2.25 and would run like the SVT exhaust.

....Brad Your mom thinks I'm hot!! But my wife rocks!! 99 Mestique Zetec ATX, 96 4Runner 5speed Mods? Um gotem. VFA-94VFA-122 VFA-115
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
holy crap...i think i just might break down and get pay the $100+

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I put an SVT exhaust on mine last summer. All the guy had to do was cut off the front part and make an adapter pipe to fit my tiny stock exhaust. Costed me $46, and that's canadian dollars.

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Elmo:
Originally posted by Super Grover:
Originally posted by Big Bird:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Alright Elmo, you and cookie monster better watch out,,, if either wanna ya'll even think about touching miss piggy,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now where is big bird?

Good luck guys, I have pics of Big Bird that would make Cookie Monster stop eating!!!

steve your obsession with me and all the pictures you have is quite disturbing. so as hector did so well to say

96 Contour Zetec it's faster than a period. According to my calculations the problem doesn't exist.
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
holy crap...i think i just might break down and get pay the $100+

$100 doesnt seem that bad to me. There was not a SINGLE shop in town that would touch my SVT exhaust. Noone would put it on the car and do the minimal welding that was needed. The only shop that was willing to weld it told me it would cost me $250 to "fix" the exhaust to fit the car, even though I had the hanger and everything they needed to fit it. I told them to kiss my a$$ because it would have fit no problem, except for the extension that was needed on the front.

I finally threw the exhaust in the trash in frustration, after trying for 3 months to find someone that would do it for me.

Problem is, I know how to weld and I could have done it myself, but I couldnt get access to a welder...

Sorry, just had to rant...

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
well for the past 4 days I feel your pain...

but tomorrow morning a shop is supposed to do mine for $75, we'll see what they say...

I'll make sure to tell them exactly what I need.

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
nice, lets see pics when youre done

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I do hope you's guys aren't going to any of those chain shops, they'll extract your gonads without making so much as one incision. I bought a set of GT take-offs for my V6 Stang and it only cost me $100 to get them installed. Anything more than that to mount a take-off system is robbery!

Sarge43 "00" Tique 2.0L I4 ATX "98" Mustang 3.8L V6 AT The reason there's so much ignorance is that those who have it are so eager to share it.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard