Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by thejms:
Is it sad when I am going to my door like every hour hoping the UPS driver has dropped me off a package yet?

Yep .

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Originally posted by thejms:
Is it sad when I am going to my door like every hour hoping the UPS driver has dropped me off a package yet?

Yep .

Just to let you guys know. Ray left friday afternoon for the mountains with his girl for her birthday. I don't think he saw your post. I'll check with him late sunday night to see if we can get you a tracking number.

later,

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Anybody know where I can find replacement bolts for the shifter? After discovering that they weren't shipped to me, I've been to Sears, Loews, and Home Depot, but nobody has a 6mm threaded, machine screw longer than 50mm.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX Borla stainless, dual exhuast ST200 struts, rear strut tower brace Roush springs, rear sway bar, bodykit Steeda Tri/X, Powerslot rotors, Falken Ziex 512 Awaiting install: GMK CAI
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I didn't get any instructions with mine. I searched and found some for the 2000 style. Is the 99 style gonna be similar?? I know you don't have to get under the car for the pre-2000's but is the rest similar or anyone have any instructions for the small plate style?

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
OK, I recvd my shifter, plate and instructions last week. Yesterday, I pulled up the shift boot to "eyeball" things, and I am confused. First, where does the plate go (I have a 98.5 w/two piece shift tower). Secondly, where ever the plate goes, it's goona raise something, so will I need longer screws/bolts, and if so what size, length and thread thickness.

Is there anyway someone could install theirs and provide instructions and/or pictures for my reference. Better yet, is anyone in the metro-atlanta area going to be doing their install, perhaps we could meet and do both at once?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SvtinAtl:
OK, I recvd my shifter, plate and instructions last week. Yesterday, I pulled up the shift boot to "eyeball" things, and I am confused. First, where does the plate go (I have a 98.5 w/two piece shift tower). Secondly, where ever the plate goes, it's goona raise something, so will I need longer screws/bolts, and if so what size, length and thread thickness.

Is there anyway someone could install theirs and provide instructions and/or pictures for my reference. Better yet, is anyone in the metro-atlanta area going to be doing their install, perhaps we could meet and do both at once?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl

the smal raiser plate goes between the base of the shift tower and the top part that retains the shifter. You should have gotten four 60 mm length screws to fit the new shifter. These are long enough to screw into the plastic peice that sits inside the shifter tower. also since the sifter is higher the centering spring will not function, there has been alot of debate about leaving or removing it. either can be done, to leave it you need to notch the shift tower to clear the spring, try putting it in and you will see, the shifter will not be able to move up or down

if needed I will be home this friday/sat and can take pics of my shifter and post then

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Brapple,

thanks, any and all pix, instructions and comments would be welcomed.

Lee Alvarez
SvtinAtl.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
got my shifter today. no new screws or instructions though. oh well, new bolts cant be too expensive. can someone post instructions for the older style tower (with the small plate)?

also, what size bolts do we need to get. i take it they should be 60mm long from brapples previous post. what about the other measurements?

TIA

p.s. thanks ray, scott, and eric. i was bummed that i missed the first GB, thanks for putting it on again!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
yeah. i didn't get the screws either. i have no problem with going to the hardware store to get new ones. also just need the correct size. thanks guys.

01 Black Honda S2000 99 svt Tred/tan #2394 of 2760 on July 29, 1999 *SOLD*
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
got my shifter today. no new screws or instructions though. oh well, new bolts cant be too expensive. can someone post instructions for the older style tower (with the small plate)?

also, what size bolts do we need to get. i take it they should be 60mm long from brapples previous post. what about the other measurements?

TIA

p.s. thanks ray, scott, and eric. i was bummed that i missed the first GB, thanks for putting it on again!

Word! I didn't even think about the new bolts. I didn't get those either. So I am instructionless and boltless. So some specs on bolts and any help on the instructions would be sweet.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
Page 27 of 35 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 34 35

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard