Next Thread
Print Thread
#851875 01/24/04 02:56 PM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
ok i getting all the things need to put a svt tb on m y car. My question is about the tps sensor. Since i have a 95, could i sue my own tps sensor or is it better if i use the one on the svt tb?> The reason i ask is becasue the connectors are different between both my 95 se and svt tb. If i could use my tps sensor i would save cutting the harness and soldering in the new connector for ther svt tps plus save money on going to bill and purchasing a svt tps connector. What do you guys think and suggest?

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
When I did the conversion on my 95 SE (traded it last month for a Maxima SE), I bought a new connector, cut and soldered the wires to the existing wire harness. You could always find a Contour/Mystique/Cougar in the scrap yard, and hopefully if a wire harness remains, cut the TPS connector off and perform the same operation.

Cutting the harness and soldering isn't really that hard to do, the only pitfall is reinstalling the stock TB and TPS down the road, if you decide to remove the SVT TB.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Personally I wouldn't go cutting wires that go to a sensor. Then again, that's me. I'd rather pay the (approx.) $24 and get a new one from Bill Jenkins.

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, FULLY LOADED Old car- 99 SE Sport ATX w/ SVT body kit (for sale...asking $4,200 OBO), nicely modded, high-flow exhaust y-pipe back and KKM. 95K, but 95% are interstate highway miles back and forth to college everyday.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
It's the wires that go to the connector that attaches to the sensor. If not, you will have to replace the entire engine wiring harness as this one "3 wire" connector is part of the harness. The 95's have a different connector and TPS, from all other model years. It's really no big deal to cut and solder a new connector, considering there are only 3 wires.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that you can't use the TPS from a non SVT TB because the SVT TB opens in the opposite direction from all other 2.5l Duratec TB's

Z
Z
I found re-pinning an SVT plug with the stock wires didn't work (the pins would not fit) so I shrink wrapped the exposed outside of each pin with some heat shrink tubing and stuck them in the TPS port on the TB. I used the rubber plug piece that is part of the stock TPS connector as a sort of "holder" for the wires so they didn't come into contact with each other. Works fine and has done so for over 30,000 miles. YMMV.

Long time CEG'er back again. Fast 95 SE Faster VW's Hardcore VW Forums

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard