Next Thread
Print Thread
#843726 01/15/04 07:13 PM
G
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
G
In configuring a 3.0L plant has anyone looked in to upgrading the reciprocating assembly. By upgrade, I mean lighter forged pistons, forged or billet rods, heavier main caps, and crankshaft modifications to lighten the reciprocating assembly for more HP and increased strength. On the same note does anyone know of any companies that offer performance camshafts and valvetrain upgrades for same.

B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Please search the 3L forum as all of these topics have been discussed.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
G
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
G
I searched 27 pages regarding the reciprocating assembly question with no mention of upgrading the components. Carillo does make custome rods and Arias makes custom pistons, but I guess no one has gone to this expense in building there engines. For those who are knowledgeable in the 3.0L swap and who have worked all the bugs out . . . it would be of interest to all who are planning the same to have that road map published on the CEG site. Actually I think one could charge a few dollars a copy for a well documented swap. I've read all the 3.0L swap articles published to date and all were quite generic and didn't mention a lot of the things discussed in the forum like 2.5L svt cams on the 3.0L heads, stuttering, etc. As it sits now it all sounds like a pain in the butt in trying to work through the numerous problems encountered with the 3.0L hybrid rather than buying a car that is better supported in all areas of engine building.

B
B
Well, since it sounds like you've actually tried to search I won't jump on you, but it is well documented that there are custom pistons available from 2 different companies- diamond racing and Ross Racing have both made pistons through one of our vendors. For rods you have a choice of Pauter and Cunningham with Pauter rods being a stock item for them. I personally have Cunningham rods and now a set of lower compression Diamond Racing pistons. There are several others on here running custom setups as well including a few shortblocks that I've built for them.

As far as the swap guide goes, it's all ready in process and the anouncement was made a couple months ago. Myself and Brad Noon are making DVD and VHS swap guides for the 3L removal and install. They should be ready in the next month.

Plese check out either www.buckshotmotorsports.com or www.bnmotorsports.com

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
G
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
G
I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your 3.0L swap video. I hope the information in it covers all the potential pitfals as well as vendor information for part sources for harder to find parts. I've done business with BAT and SHO Shop for years, but they aren't much help when it comes to more exotic parts. Thanks for the rod and piston source info . . . I will check them out.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard