Page 1 of 2 1 2
#796757 11/15/03 06:42 AM
M
MTO Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Well not sure if most of you gals/guys knew i was selling the rice rocket nor did you care...lol
i had it on ebay just like dan did and after the second
time of listing it i was just as lucky as he was to have my reserve met(well he didn't have a reserve) and aslong as this buyer is for real it is being sent to NJ.Sold it for $15050,i was seriously considering buying dans if my car had sold sooner but it didn't...so onto the better things,
once money is in hand i'll be going out looking for a winter beater..and another SVT!!!being of the Mustang Cobra type though..
so just maybe i'll end up with another contour as my daily drive..we all know how reliable they are....
wish me luck..and man i need to talk to dan about how he got his deal through so fast....

The OFFICIAL NE-CEG Ricer!! -------------------- 03 Sonic Yellow WRX 5 Spd and tons of Boost!! -------------------- 2002 Mazda Protege 5(wife's car) Vivid Yellow 5spd. Chrome wheels
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Congratulations! Glad you were able to sell the car, someones getting a really good deal on a car with quality mods! Good luck finding the replacement, are you going to wait to buy the Cobra? If you're getting a beater, I would probably wait for about 3 feet of snow to drop, then go and see what the dealers will do for you on the Cobra. With the snow predictions this year, you'll likely walk away with alot of car for a little money!

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
i think i may sell my car

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
wow man
I'm actually surprised at how rarely I see RSX's around here, especially your color.

so what do you have planned for a beater?
do you have minimum requirements as far as engine size, transmission, etc? (shameless plug for CobraR's sig)

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
congrats...

mine went real smooth. picked up my maxima last night so all is good.

let me know if you have any more questions on finalizing these types of deals...

d

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....
M
MTO Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
thanks man i appreciate it..

if all goes well the car is gone this coming saturday,

and Kim thanks for the plug....lol
not sure what i want to buy for a beater but a start is a 4 door...would like a suv,but we'll see..

The OFFICIAL NE-CEG Ricer!! -------------------- 03 Sonic Yellow WRX 5 Spd and tons of Boost!! -------------------- 2002 Mazda Protege 5(wife's car) Vivid Yellow 5spd. Chrome wheels
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Congrats!! See my sig for beater info!! hhehe. Its actually my brother's old car, He bought a Tunra over the summer. The Tracer has brand new tires (Michilin), and had all the fluids changed. I drove it a little while ago and it would make a nice winter car. Its nothing spectacular, but it does the job.

Oh, and if you're looking for V8 power, I might be willing to part with the Grand Marquis. I just oiled the doors (Marvel Mystery oil sprayed inside the doors and allowed to seep into all the seams). All power options work, including the A/C which I had converted to 134a. Two sets of tires, summer are cheap General tires, winter are Michilin Acrtic Alpine. The winter tires are incredible. For a car that doesn't have ABS or traction control, I was able to get up the hill to my house no problem, while I'd see people getting stuck!!

00 SVT Contour (1584) 04 F-350 XLT Sport V10 02 Honda Spirit 750 64 390 FE Big Block
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by CobraR:
Oh, and if you're looking for V8 power, I might be willing to part with the Grand Marquis.

Karen 2002 Ford Explorer Limited 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector Former owner: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Contour
M
MTO Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CobraR:
Congrats!! See my sig for beater info!! hhehe. Its actually my brother's old car, He bought a Tunra over the summer. The Tracer has brand new tires (Michilin), and had all the fluids changed. I drove it a little while ago and it would make a nice winter car. Its nothing spectacular, but it does the job.

Oh, and if you're looking for V8 power, I might be willing to part with the Grand Marquis. I just oiled the doors (Marvel Mystery oil sprayed inside the doors and allowed to seep into all the seams). All power options work, including the A/C which I had converted to 134a. Two sets of tires, summer are cheap General tires, winter are Michilin Acrtic Alpine. The winter tires are incredible. For a car that doesn't have ABS or traction control, I was able to get up the hill to my house no problem, while I'd see people getting stuck!!

thanks mike..
i'll keep the Marquis in mind...

the tracer is possible..i'll get back to you..

M
MTO Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
well.....the car is no longer mine...

sold,paid for and picked up last night....

16yr old kid whom dont even have his license yet...
nice kid and paid cash(bank check) out of his own money for it..

its a shame cause all the work and how beautiful that car was to see it go to someone as a first car....it will be ruined by the end of winter..BUT not my problem no longer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard