Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Well, After a month and a week all the parts are in and I am taking her apart on Saturday. I am trailering her over to my buddies house where we will work on her. For those of you who don't know the Diff went on vacation on the drive home from the airport, where I had just gotten back from a business trip.

Here is a list of parts.

1) Torsen Diff
2) Spec clutch
3) Spec flywheel
4) DMD
5) Belt, bolt, seal, and washer for DMD.
6) Carrier Bearings
7) Shim Kit
8) Focus Shift Tower
9) Reverse sensor for Shift Tower
10)DPFE Sensor
11)Other misc. stuff for install. Gaskets and such
12)Steeda short shifter ( When the group buy is done )

Total Bill : $1600 just in parts.
Joy of having my car back : PRICELESS

Any advice would be helpful.

Later,

Eric

Later,

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Good luck that is a heavy bill of stuff to do.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
lets hear it for the die-hards

good luck man, let us know how it goes... take lots of pics!!!

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
your list is actually really close to mine, which went in today:
torsen, centerforce DF, spec flywheel, DMD (and all associated parts) and then the misc. stuff

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RyeLou:
your list is actually really close to mine, which went in today:
torsen, centerforce DF, spec flywheel, DMD (and all associated parts) and then the misc. stuff

Did you do it or have some one do it for you?

Later,

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I'm glad to see you are doing it yoruself, thas the only way to truely enjoy it, thought at times u will prolly just wanna set the car on fire and watch it burn, good luck

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
how come the focus shift tower?

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It has ball end connecters for the shift cable instead of pin type. Also the problem with the broken bolt falling into the gears has been fixed. Lots of info on this on the Transaxle section. You will also need an adapter for your reverse lights if you use the Focus shift tower...I've got the part number if anyone needs it.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by myfastse:
Did you do it or have some one do it for you?

My engine blew Sept. 2, 2002. I got it back about a month and a half ago (yeah, it actually took that long) and then 4 days later my trans. blew. If I tried doing any type of work on the car, I'd probably flip out and ruin any chance of saving it at this point. Oh, and I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to fix a transmission.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support

Link Copied to Clipboard