Next Thread
Print Thread
#716971 08/10/03 10:38 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Someone posted a racing video link of Gran Turismo (not sure which version) But someone said it might be a concept version only in japan. anyhow can you play a japan version of GT on a U.S. PS2?

Need to know NOW i have a friend over in Japan right now on business and i'll ask her to get me the game if it will work.

Thanks.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition Blue Steel 99 Tropic Green SVT (Former Owner) #151 of 710 Born on 10/07/98 Have you driven a FRAUD lately?
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
in order to play games from japan you need to get a chip for your PS2

Traded in - 2000 SVT Black tan leather DMD, Pro-Flow 75mm MAF, SHO Shop Intake Mystery mod(awaiting installation) Now 2004 Acura RSX Type S 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by budddavid:
in order to play games from japan you need to get a chip for your PS2

Does that hold true for Gamecube too?
I was in Tokyo last year and bought Mario Party 4 for my kids...you know the rest

Where does one get this chip? Is it reversible?

Thanks!

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I'm not sure about for gamecube, i would think that there would be a chip for that too, check e-bay they are always on there, and yes they are reversable

Traded in - 2000 SVT Black tan leather DMD, Pro-Flow 75mm MAF, SHO Shop Intake Mystery mod(awaiting installation) Now 2004 Acura RSX Type S 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Ahem...

For gamecube, I don't kno wof any functional chips...but you may want to try this

as far as PS2, there's several options. The most obvious is a mod chip, but you have to know how to solder or pay someone an obscene amount of $$$ to install it for you. There are solderless options now as well, including a boot disc of some sort. It's like $20, and it works. Check out www.chipzone.com

As far as GT4. Don't worry...it's one of sony's most popular titles, it would be foolish for them not to bring it here. What you heard isn't true anyway...i've already seen ads for GT4 around. Also, when you're buying import games, be aware that alot of stuff is probably going ot be in japanese!! Might not sound like a big dealbt when you can't read what's on the screen it can suck big time.

Unless you're looking ot get into bootleg games (which then we should talk further) don't bother, just wait for the US version.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Actually there are tokyo concepts of GT that are only availible in japan. And i wouldn't mind a jap GT game. Mostly becuase it's still raceing. and you don't really need to read that much while raceing i'd imagine it'd be in kilos though instead of miles. you can also get a guid to help you translate it.

Tony Datsenko

Link Copied to Clipboard