Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I need to find out what i would need if i wanted to convert my back seats of my 99 tour to fold down? What do I need...how hard would it be and where could i order what i need?

99 contour se debadged "knauberized" fog light mod 17" Enkei CDR9 225/45/17 Contiextremecontacts Alpine CDA-9807 and 2 12" Kicker Comp C12 subwoofers http://members.cardomain.com/ridered81
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
I'd say your best bet is to find a Contour at a salvage yard with the 60/40 split rear seat and pull the seats and hardware from it. Purchasing the hardware from Ford will kill you in comparison to finding it from a wrecked Contour with that option.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I dont think that you would be able to use the hardware from the 60/40 folding rear seats on the "fixed" back seat. There is nothing for the bolts to grab on like on the 60/40s' there is a metal plate behind the seat. So unles you do the swap like i did , you might as well leave it like it is.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by FLCEGkid:
I dont think that you would be able to use the hardware from the 60/40 folding rear seats on the "fixed" back seat. There is nothing for the bolts to grab on like on the 60/40s' there is a metal plate behind the seat. So unles you do the swap like i did , you might as well leave it like it is.

What Chris said. On the bright side, my whole fold down setup including new shelf and brake light was only about $125 from the junkyard....

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard