Next Thread
Print Thread
#708857 07/31/03 08:40 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Had the day off, took a little trip to the salvage yard today. Linders in Worcester, let me rummage thru the yard. Several pre-98s a couple 98+

I got the rear trunk release solenoid with all of the rods and attaching hardware. I also got all kinds of interior and exterior push pins, a couple pieces of engine hardware (hard to find bolts, nuts....), and the lower windshield cowling and all attaching hardware.....All for $40. Not bad!

They had a ton of early Contique alloy wheels in the yard on the cars, duratecs and zetecs in cars as well.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I've been thinking about hitting a bone yard myself. I'm wondering if I could find some decent headlights that aren't all...messed up like mine are.

See any? when you were there?

'98 SVT Contour #897:Mods= Intake, exhaust, suspension, & aesthetics www.community.webshots.com/user/rob98csvt897.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
There are a few junkyards in that area. I've always had good luck up there.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
They had some good stuff there. I usually frequent ABC/Greenleaf in Leominster (which is said to have a newer SVT wih all kinds of aftermarket goodies...shifter, exhaust..).

MassContour, where in Worcester are you from? I work downtown at Chestnut Place on Elm and Chestnut Streets. I have an extra EO center cap...but the SVT logo is T-Red.

As for the lights, they did have a set out there in the trunk of a dark greyish-blue color tour '99 IIRC. They looked good, not perfect, nothing appeared broken. The guy at the counter said $30 a piece...not a bad investment.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVT:
They had some good stuff there. I usually frequent ABC/Greenleaf in Leominster (which is said to have a newer SVT wih all kinds of aftermarket goodies...shifter, exhaust..).

MassContour, where in Worcester are you from? I work downtown at Chestnut Place on Elm and Chestnut Streets. I have an extra EO center cap...but the SVT logo is T-Red.

As for the lights, they did have a set out there in the trunk of a dark greyish-blue color tour '99 IIRC. They looked good, not perfect, nothing appeared broken. The guy at the counter said $30 a piece...not a bad investment.

Hmmm...T-red SVT logo in the center caps? That might look kinda cool!

$30 for a headlight! Doooooood! That rox! I need to do that sooo bad!

'98 SVT Contour #897:Mods= Intake, exhaust, suspension, & aesthetics www.community.webshots.com/user/rob98csvt897.

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard