Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
This weekend My friend and I took a look ate the brakes on his 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Click the link below and see if you notice anything wrong. Boy, is he lucky that he never had to have a panic stop.

Bad Brakes Link

2006 Fusion SEL (Fully Loaded) Fusion Boards 1992 Thunderbird 3.8 V6 Former 1998 Contour SE Sport owner
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
is right!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
that is pretty bad ,but ive seen it where people have grinded all the way through to the vents
(talk about a brake pulsation ,try stopping on the vents...lol)

EO 98 CSVT, black, gunmetal exel 18s, H&R springs ,custom grilles, 35% tint,Hightower headlights,resonator removed,Magnaflow installed,FMS 9mm wires,K&N,Redline MTL 2000 Impala silver 2 inch drop 17 inch Exels
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I work at a shop and have replaced rotors that where worn down to the vents I cant beleive some of the [censored] I see, I cant stand the way people abuse there cars, I feel bad for some of the cars I work on

99 SVT Silver with Blue Stripe "To each his own" www.SVTContour.org
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
The scarey part is that I was riding with him on friday in that car. Everytime we stopped I was holding my ears cause of the metal on metal sound. When we took off the wheel I was speechless. As far as the stupid things people do to cars here is a good example. 1 month of grinding brakes and never did a thing about it. Oh well its fixed now.

2006 Fusion SEL (Fully Loaded) Fusion Boards 1992 Thunderbird 3.8 V6 Former 1998 Contour SE Sport owner
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I installed my new brakes on the rear on sunday. The pads on one side literally crumbled while taking off the caliper. Good stuff huh? Yeah I was kinda ashamed. The fault goes to ford for putting the stupid torx bolts on and delaying my brake install for a good month or two.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
yeh I just installed brakes all the way around.. the back drivers side was NOTHING.. it was kind of scary to think about....

Black 98.5 SVT "Kellie" First rule of italian driving: What is behind you, DOESN'T matter
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Kevdogg410:
yeh I just installed brakes all the way around.. the back drivers side was NOTHING.. it was kind of scary to think about....

Sounds familiar, and yes, I heard the scraping from the left rear, which suddenly made my "someday" brake upgrade into an emergency rear brake job.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard