Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
It was about 1am, just leaving my girlfriend's house in Sommerville. I had just gotten on Rt. 2 and was doing like 55-60mph...hadn't even got up to speed yet. (As opposed to the drive out there where I was glued [he pulled on me in 4th gear, but I caught him in 5th] to the back of a 2.7L Audi A6)

I saw the Statie sitting on the side of the road with his parking lights on. As I drove by, he pulls out. I'm thinking "Oh great" (my inspection sticker expired in April). He comes flying up behind my and just sits on my a$$ for like 500 yards. Then he puts the spot-light on me for like another 500 yards. At that point, I move over from the middle to the right lane. As soon as I moved over he puts the blues on and I pull over.

He comes up and I hand him the registration & license. He's checking the inspection sticker and says "So when is that supposed to expire?" I answered "Actually, this month." [lie] "It faded out last year after only a few months" [truth] The guy answers "Yeah that happens with alot of stickers."

He looks over the license and asks if I still live in Bedford. I said that I did.

At this point, the guy's still standing next to the car. I knew I wasn't speeding, so I ask him "Was I speeding?"

[This is the hysterically rediculous part]

He says "No. I pulled you over 'cause you're driving with your fog lights on...and it's not foggy."

I just looked at him for a sec and said "Oh...ahh, didn't realize there was..."

He interrupts me and says "Yeah, State Law. Can only use fog lights when it's foggy out."

He hands me my license and registration back and says "Well, have a good night." And walks back to his car.

I just sat there for a few seconds and thought to myself "Are ya fuggin kiddin me? That was the lamest excuse to bust someone's nutz I've ever heard."

'98 SVT Contour #897:Mods= Intake, exhaust, suspension, & aesthetics www.community.webshots.com/user/rob98csvt897.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I thought real foggies were yellow and clears were "driving" lights. Can you use driving lights while you're driving? I would hope so...

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by CueballSVT:
I thought real foggies were yellow and clears were "driving" lights. Can you use driving lights while you're driving? I would hope so...

exactly. we have 'driving lights'.

never heard of that law. pretty funny story.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
Originally posted by CueballSVT:

exactly. we have 'driving lights'.

never heard of that law. pretty funny story.

I doubt there's a law that says that you can only use foggies when it's foggy.

'98 SVT Contour #897:Mods= Intake, exhaust, suspension, & aesthetics www.community.webshots.com/user/rob98csvt897.
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
you shoulda punched him in the nutz!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
If anyone is really bored, they can read the laws:
MA Motor Vehicle laws linky

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ElKy:
you shoulda punched him in the nutz!

There's a good idea...

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
you have no idea how hard it was for me to type that
just the thought of what i was gonna type had me rolling on the floor.
i had this image of a big copper standing next to the car and a quick left jab comes outta the window and drops the cop

hahahahah

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
About 3 years ago, I got pulled over in bedford by the local cop for the same thing, so every time I drove true there I shut them off.

98 green SE duratec, SOLD, GONE but NOT FORGOTEN. 04 Silver STi, Lot's of Power, Some MODS
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
that is so stupid.

i drive with my fog lights on almost all the time, as driving lights. and i searched through that DMV web site and found nothing commenting on the use of fog lights. as long as they aren't red or blue and flashing, you should be fine.

i'd get that cop's badge number and complain that he was singling you out for now reason (helps especially if you can claim that you are a minority). if he wants to bust your chops, you bust his right back.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard