Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Q
on my 2000 svt i will be installing a 3L. i will be using the 3L heads which will be ported and polished.....id like to get quite a bit out of it n/a but plan to do some type of f/i in the future....my question is what size MAF would be the best bet... i know it will vary depending on what i do as far as engine mods...but in the begining would 80mm be to big or should i start with the 75mm...let me know what you guys think.

2000 t-red SVT ****too quick for civics**** i have a few tricks up my sleeve
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
You should be paying attention to all the grief people have had when they did too many mods to the fuel injection system BEFORE they actually get it running.
Go with stock inj. and MAF for your SVT initially for the break-in process and for you first dyno run. You can have those other items ready in case you need more, but I have learned like others the hard way that you just can't plan for the future Forced Induction motor AND start running those mods when you are still running around as a NA motor.

Your stock fuel system will do a better job of tuning itself initially and you won't have to worry about running too rich or too lean on a brand new motor.
Save your money!!!!!!!!! I didn't and I have useless parts to sell!
Better yet, get an emanage and use it to do fine tuning AND evaluate whether or not you need bigger injectors and MAF because it can monitor and datalog both of those items along with other things.
eManage...I'm still making good use of mine EVEN with a custom chip. Bang for the buck.

The only thing better out there the TWEECER but it won't work on my car.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard