Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
I DID search this and there is so much out there. But I couldn't find an answer to my particular question.

I currently have 9006 Silverstars and am looking for a little more light. Would there be a noticable enough difference if I switched them out for the 9005 High beams in the low beam spots? Would it be worth the money?

Any insight would be great. Just don't want to drop the roughly $40 bucks if there is not going to be a noticable difference.

Thanks everyone.

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I did it...liked it...noticeable difference. Just make sure your lights are adjusted properly...

O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
Great. Thanks mcgainer. Anyone else have any insight?

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I had 9005 in my Contour. I felt like I was probably blinding other people at night.

With my Focus, I am happy with the stock bulbs. So many people have the white lights that I would be embarrassed to have them at the risk of being trendy.

I have a new found appreciation for the yellowness.

Overall though, I would say they are good and if your looking for more light they will provide it.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mcgainer:
I did it...liked it...noticeable difference. Just make sure your lights are adjusted properly...

what do you mean adjust them ? i was gonna pick up a set of these lights sometime

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by SlowNfurious:

what do you mean adjust them ? i was gonna pick up a set of these lights sometime

Meaning use the ajustment knobs to ensure your not blinding other drivers by having your headlights lined up wrong.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

If you look in a manual for our cars (Haynes/Chilton) it'll point out where the little adjustment knobs are for up/down and left/right. With new brighter bulbs...you'll be wanting to make sure that they're not blinding people as stated.

Some people have stripped those little adjustment knobs, so I sprayed mine with break free the night before to let the stuff soak into the groves...

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by OutOfOrder:
I DID search this and there is so much out there. But I couldn't find an answer to my particular question.

I currently have 9006 Silverstars and am looking for a little more light. Would there be a noticable enough difference if I switched them out for the 9005 High beams in the low beam spots? Would it be worth the money?

Any insight would be great. Just don't want to drop the roughly $40 bucks if there is not going to be a noticable difference.

Thanks everyone.

It adds 10 watts of lighting so yes, it is really worth it for these cars.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
so if i put 9005's in my low beams it wont blow up my harness or anything

FORSALE - 17" FSVT Wheels, TRubendz catback w/magnaflow muffler PM ME 02 celica GT-S 6-spd w/ TRD bodykit Greddy evoII exhaust, DC sports header Injen Short ram intake, TWM short throw shifter, 18"centerline storm wheels, Tein basic coilovers
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
so if i put 9005's in my low beams it wont blow up my harness or anything

Not if they are Silverstars or any name brand. It'll only cause problems if you install those off road high wattage bulbs.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard