Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by contour6:
yeah i did mine on my 99(a year older) and they all turned out good except for my driver door it wasn't so much the paint, it was my clear coat was flaking off i took it to a body shop and they buffed it up as much as they could.

it didin't turn out perfect but looks better then it did, it will hold me over till i get it painted

Someone say racing stripe?

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by snowb159:
This has been said before, but the easiest way is to let it sit in the sun for awhile, pull out at an angle and go slow, everything came off clean, hardly any residue left.

My car is black so it absorbs the heat...so you think leaving int he sun it would work right...wrong....

Depending on weather, tempature and other things, the foamy tape will set diffrently....Well on my car it split right in half, so half the tape was still stuck to the car. So i took fishing line and got the majority off then uised the eraser to get the left overs.

Either way you go its not a phyiscally easy task....Have some fishingline, eraser, a little soapy water and a lot of time and friends to help.

roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
bk-

Is that tape residue, or is it faded?

Last edited by OutOfOrder; 06/04/03 08:44 PM.

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
bk493 I think I got your email addy... I sent you an email... hopefully i got the right address...

Steve

Steven. L. Benthal Jr. 98 Mystique: Meshed Grille & Pioneer Sound System
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by OutOfOrder:
bk-

Is that tape residue, or is it faded?

That is the infamous clearcoat racing stripe. No really noticable unless I point it out. It seems not to be as noticable that much anymore. that pic Kev took right after I removed them and painted the dash.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard