Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm thinking of buying that Street Link from Performance Fords, but I'd like to find the stab-o-shock so I can eye things up in advance.

Thanks.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Its attached right under the front roll restrictor and the transaxle. Hard to miss its about 6" long and looks like a regular shock.

BTW I'm adding the street link to my set-up as soon as PF gets back to me with some prices. Looks to be a great mod and with the new-found power my engine rocks back and forth A LOT.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by kinger:
Its attached right under the front roll restrictor and the transaxle. Hard to miss its about 6" long and looks like a regular shock.

BTW I'm adding the street link to my set-up as soon as PF gets back to me with some prices. Looks to be a great mod and with the new-found power my engine rocks back and forth A LOT.

Ok, maybe its my pounding sinus headache or too much booze last night but, is the roll restrictor under the air filter or the one under the transaxle under the car?

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Yeah its right in fron of where the engine and trans are connected to each other, attached to the subframe. Its easiest to jack up the car and poke your head under there.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by kinger:
Yeah its right in fron of where the engine and trans are connected to each other, attached to the subframe. Its easiest to jack up the car and poke your head under there.

Ahh, ok. Thanks.

Did I read that it's adjustable? I guess you lower the car and tighten it up while the suspension is fully loaded.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Adjustable meaning you can 'pre-load' your drivetrain to lets say pull it forward a little bit, it just ensures you get no wheel hop, nothing related to suspension and if your on the ground or not.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Ahhhh, ok. Thanks for your help.

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Kinger- Did you ever get the Street Link installed? I am looking for feedback as I am currently debating between that and an OEM replacement.

Thanks.

O3

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Terry Haines warned me against the solid linkage for a good reason. It's bolted to the thin Aluminum cast wall of the tranny case. Now, if you make that connection bewteen thee subframe and tranny case solid, you can literally crack the case on a hard take off. I would not recommend you use it at all!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard