#554081 02/28/03 02:20 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Originally posted by SpeedTeufel:
Originally posted by chknhwk:
My moneys on the Dodge. A buddy of mine bought a '93 R/T (non-turbo) like a week or two after I bought my '91 GT. He used to razz me b/c he made the same horsepower with two less liters. LOL
We went at it a couple of times and he had no problem hanging with the Mustang.

I don't think a CSVT would have any pr.blems hanging with a stock '91 stang GT.

um ok a stock csvt will NOT hang with a '91 stang unless it is an automatic...a STOCK fox bodied stang with a manual will run deep into the 14's and a 5.9 0-60...a csvt unless supercharged(or demonsvt's)will NOT hang with that...i own a csvt,and have owned SEVERAL foxbodied stangs(including my current 12 second '93 lx),and my svt is not nearly as quick as any of the stangs i've owned....300 lb.ft. of torque is awesome in a 3000# car....never underestimate a fox stang, with gears and a couple bolt ons they are solid 13 second cars,and with a few more mods a very easy 12 second car...a bone stock stang with 3.73 gears is very capable of high 13 second 1/4 mile times.....

My friend, I myself have owned 8 different stangs in the past, to also include a mid 11 sec 89 LX hatchback.....and would never disrespect a wouderful car such as the mustang....But to think that a stock 91 gt, whether 5 speed or automatic(by the way my 89 ran 11.53 with a C-5 automatic) will run 14's is a little bit far fetched. Number 1 as you know because you own a stang, Traction sux on a stang, if you are running drag slicks then yes you will possibly get in the 14's. Then again if someone would run a CSVT with dragslicks???? who knows...
carstats.com/mustang A little reading material for you

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
#554082 02/28/03 02:22 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
My moneys on the Dodge. A buddy of mine bought a '93 R/T (non-turbo) like a week or two after I bought my '91 GT. He used to razz me b/c he made the same horsepower with two less liters. LOL

um ok a stock csvt will NOT hang with a '91 stang unless it is an automatic...a STOCK fox bodied stang with a manual will run deep into the 14's and a 5.9 0-60...a csvt unless supercharged(or demonsvt's)will NOT hang with that...i own a csvt,and have owned SEVERAL foxbodied stangs(including my current 12 second '93 lx),and my svt is not nearly as quick as any of the stangs i've owned....300 lb.ft. of torque is awesome in a 3000# car....never underestimate a fox stang, with gears and a couple bolt ons they are solid 13 second cars,and with a few more mods a very easy 12 second car...a bone stock stang with 3.73 gears is very capable of high 13 second 1/4 mile times.....

My friend, I myself have owned 8 different stangs in the past, to also include a mid 11 sec 89 LX hatchback.....and would never disrespect a wouderful car such as the mustang....But to think that a stock 91 gt, whether 5 speed or automatic(by the way my 89 ran 11.53 with a C-5 automatic) will run 14's is a little bit far fetched. Number 1 as you know because you own a stang, Traction sux on a stang, if you are running drag slicks then yes you will possibly get in the 14's. Then again if someone would run a CSVT with dragslicks???? who knows...

And by the way I said hang with a stang NOT outrun a stang...

#554083 02/28/03 02:59 AM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by warmonger:

Thats not been my experience. But then hey what do I know.

warmonger

i have been around and owned mustang for years,and there is no way in hell that a 200 hp front wheel drive car can hang with a 5 speed 225 hp/300 lb. ft. of torque rear wheel drive car period.....i have an svt,and while its fairly quick,it in no way is anywhere near as fast as any 5 speed foxbodied stang......i don't see any svt's on here that run any lower than 14's that includes supercharged and 3l cars too...there are thousands of fox stangs that are running removed intake silencers,k+n's,3.73 gears,and flowmaster exhausts that are well into the 13's....now auto stangs are a different story those aod tranny's suck a$$,but a 5speed....

i can personally tell you from experience,that these cars are faster....my 93 lx is in the 12's with minimal mods..exhaust,gears,heads,cam,and intake.....

don't get me wrong i love svt's...hell i retired my stang to strip/weekend toy duty,when i got my svt..great cars they are,but they are not faster than a fox bodied stang..now as with all things there will be exceptions,but in general MOST(not every single one)fox stangs will outrun MOST(not every single one) svt's,and that's just a fact....

hell it was the explosion of the fox mustang aftermarket that started everyone trying to mod their cars for performance...the stang scene was huge...when the aftermarket companies saw the amount of modding to these cars,stuff started becoming available for all types of cars...modding as we know it now might not be what it is today if it wasn't for the 5.0 mustang...

Chris I also have to disagree with you. Although my mustang puts out around 250hp at the crank and 300tq I would say from 70 on the the tour would have a slight edge on a stock mustang. Mustang would own in the 1/8th and 1/4 though. Got love that torque!

98CSVT specII yada yada yada 95 Mustang GT M&M road&track box HP stage one 60-mm
#554084 03/01/03 02:14 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

warmonger

i have been around and owned mustang for years,and there is no way in hell that a 200 hp front wheel drive car can hang with a 5 speed 225 hp/300 lb. ft. of torque rear wheel drive car period.....i have an svt,and while its fairly quick,it in no way is anywhere near as fast as any 5 speed foxbodied stang......i don't see any svt's on here that run any lower than 14's that includes supercharged and 3l cars too...there are thousands of fox stangs that are running removed intake silencers,k+n's,3.73 gears,and flowmaster exhausts that are well into the 13's....now auto stangs are a different story those aod tranny's suck a$$,but a 5speed....

i can personally tell you from experience,that these cars are faster....my 93 lx is in the 12's with minimal mods..exhaust,gears,heads,cam,and intake.....

don't get me wrong i love svt's...hell i retired my stang to strip/weekend toy duty,when i got my svt..great cars they are,but they are not faster than a fox bodied stang..now as with all things there will be exceptions,but in general MOST(not every single one)fox stangs will outrun MOST(not every single one) svt's,and that's just a fact....

hell it was the explosion of the fox mustang aftermarket that started everyone trying to mod their cars for performance...the stang scene was huge...when the aftermarket companies saw the amount of modding to these cars,stuff started becoming available for all types of cars...modding as we know it now might not be what it is today if it wasn't for the 5.0 mustang...

Buddy, calm down, #1 you said a stock Mustang and 1991 model at that which were slower than the later years. And lets leave the Facts to the tracks, those are facts, these are discussions.

#554085 03/01/03 04:27 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

warmonger

Buddy, calm down, #1 you said a stock Mustang and 1991 model at that which were slower than the later years. And lets leave the Facts to the tracks, those are facts, these are discussions.

ok buddy you obviously don't know jack about mustangs..so don't speak about something you know nothing about buddy...all 87-93 5.0 mustangs had 225 hp(revised to 205 by ford in 93)and 300 lb. ft. of torque...and they are definitely lighter than the 94-up stangs...and a STOCK 5 speed 87-93 stang will own MOST csvt's in the 1/4 and 1/8 mile and that's a simple fact,buddy...the 87-93 stangs were the some of the quickest stock stangs built...they ran mid to low 14's all day long BONE STOCK...add gears and a k+n and your looking at 13's its a fact,buddy...so i wouldn't call that the slower stangs like you did...if you don't know jack about the subject don't speak buddy...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
#554086 03/01/03 08:51 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Jesus. Lets see who can quote the most.

The problem lies here. He was granny shifting when he should have been double clutching.

-06 GTO Torrid Red/M6 -98 LS with BPU -05 Honda Odyssey EX-L mv .zig ..\for\great\.justice
#554087 03/01/03 02:24 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Stevers:
Jesus. Lets see who can quote the most.

The problem lies here. He was granny shifting when he should have been double clutching.

double clutching rules!!!!!!!!just thought i'd quote you..lol...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
#554088 03/04/03 08:23 PM
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Everyone should relax. If you want to see the sy=tats and comapare the two go to www.car-stats.com ,ake sure it says obtained from C&D or MT, if it says obtained by web, it could be a modded vehicle. This has almost every year of mustang, and it has every year but 2000 for the svt. Then you guys can keep fighting. These times are with a proffesional driver though, so add some time for a regular guy like myself

1998 svt, 58000km
#554089 03/06/03 04:34 AM
D
D
dude not to get off the topic of the topic you dudes where talking about that off teh topic already but on eof my good friends has a stealth with ah twin turbos and believe me the car is fast. but the guy can't drive worth shtt and i've actually beat him in my svt before. he let me drive it before and he almost wet his pants when he saw it accelerate faster when i drove it. i'm not saying i'm a great driver but he really sucks. dude if its just an equal driver race, then the stealth will kik acs.

98.5 SVT SHO Y-Pipe Brullen Quasi Dual KKM intake
#554090 03/07/03 01:24 AM
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
The svt should beat a stealth r/t, yes there is an r/t non turbo, it looks like the twin turbo, but has single exaust and about 80 less h/p, the svt should win, but like mentioned above, some people just can't drive.

1998 svt, 58000km
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard