Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#506866 01/01/03 08:54 PM
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Check all hoses and plugs like the other posts sugest, then disconnect the battery to reset the pcm/ecu and drive 10-15 miles at 40-50mph to let the pcm re-learn it's settings. This gained me 4mpg on a 95 V6.

#506867 01/01/03 10:49 PM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
I changed the pluged and wires as stated in my update post above... that took care of most of my problems, but the surge in lower RPM's (below 2000) has returned. It has a noticable rough idle (well I notice it anyway, I took it to a mechanic friend of mine and he said that he thought the idle was fine) and if you raise the RPM's to 1000 it is very noticable. Above 1000 it is smooth as silk!

I was plaining on cleaning my TB again today, figure that it is due since it has been about 8k since I did it the first time, but it has rained off and on all day so that will have to wait.

I must have a vaccum leak somewhere back there, I just can't find the rotten thing! I have done everything I know. Even went so far as to try spraying carb cleaner on the lines to see if the idle changed. I will most likley be replacing my UIM gasket soon anyway because I do notice what looks like oil seeping out of the UIM to LIM area. I replace my PCV valve too!

I don't know! I will let you know what I do the fix even it is means taking it to a shop!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
#506868 01/02/03 10:54 PM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Well this morning, yeah I took off work to work on my car, I think I found my problem!!! The bank 2 downstream o2 sensor was trashed big time!! The houseing, on the sensor side, was melted and there was a large chunk missing... I will have to take pictures one day!!

I replaced it with another, reset the `puter and BOOM!!!

I can fully say that the hesitation that I am feeling is coming from the Torque Converter Clutch. I have had a p0743 code since geting the car out of the tranny shop. And no, I am not taking it back. I have another plan...

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard